I'm thinking this is a Halteria

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Lilly Begonia

I'm thinking this is a Halteria

#1 Post by Lilly Begonia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 am

Found a few of these this morning, checked Josh's page and the closest thing to it is Halteria. Interesting little cilliate.

McConkey

Re: I'm thinking this is a Halteria

#2 Post by McConkey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm really loving all of your discoveries! You have a really diverse sample site and it's great to see you finding all these and getting them identified! I think Francisco has been hitting the nail on the head for all of these really quickly! You mentioned "Josh's page"...Do you mind sharing the link? You had some really informative links posted in one of your other threads but I can't find which topic they were posted on!!

Keep up the great work!
Karl
AO21 with Canon M3

Lilly Begonia

#3 Post by Lilly Begonia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 pm

McConkey wrote:I'm really loving all of your discoveries! You have a really diverse sample site and it's great to see you finding all these and getting them identified! I think Francisco has been hitting the nail on the head for all of these really quickly! You mentioned "Josh's page"...Do you mind sharing the link? You had some really informative links posted in one of your other threads but I can't find which topic they were posted on!!

Keep up the great work!

Lilly Begonia

#4 Post by Lilly Begonia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:16 pm

McConkey wrote:I'm really loving all of your discoveries! You have a really diverse sample site and it's great to see you finding all these and getting them identified! I think Francisco has been hitting the nail on the head for all of these really quickly! You mentioned "Josh's page"...Do you mind sharing the link? You had some really informative links posted in one of your other threads but I can't find which topic they were posted on!!

Keep up the great work!
Well here's the link to Josh's site

http://microlife.parvarium.com/thumbnails.html

Oh yes, Francisco has been a great blessing in this, and I am most grateful to him! I have so greatly enjoyed this adventure! It's so much better than anything Hollywood could have come up with! Bear in mind that you might have to go to Google for images to identify what you find, and that it's not always reliable because people post images they have not identified. Still, it's really really cool to see something you never saw before and never even imagined alive on your slide before your eyes. What is that????

I am so loving this!!!

Francisco

#5 Post by Francisco » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Yes, possibly Halteria

McConkey

#6 Post by McConkey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks for the link! I managed to find the original post where the other links were! Just had to look back a little further!

I will agree with you that it is far more entertaining to view a live specimen under the scope than what hollywood is producing! It's always fascinating how much life can be contained within one little drop of water! The thing i think that always blows me away is the intricate detailed structures of things that are so small, like the Pediastrum you found! It really is incredible how we have Nebula's in space that span 100's of thousands of light years in size and then little things whizzing around at 25µm eating up even smaller things! I love it!
Karl
AO21 with Canon M3

Lilly Begonia

#7 Post by Lilly Begonia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:03 am

McConkey wrote:Thanks for the link! I managed to find the original post where the other links were! Just had to look back a little further!

I will agree with you that it is far more entertaining to view a live specimen under the scope than what hollywood is producing! It's always fascinating how much life can be contained within one little drop of water! The thing i think that always blows me away is the intricate detailed structures of things that are so small, like the Pediastrum you found! It really is incredible how we have Nebula's in space that span 100's of thousands of light years in size and then little things whizzing around at 25µm eating up even smaller things! I love it!
If we had way to upvote posts I'd give you a big upvote! What Hollywood is producing is all politically spun and wearisome. I've had quite enough of that trope. Far more refreshing it is to look at real life, honestly alive on my slide, the joyful clopada, the intriguing cilliates, the amoeba, and other surprises.

Jonnyvine

#8 Post by Jonnyvine » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Nice :)