Mitosis HMC

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
Radazz

Mitosis HMC

#1 Post by Radazz » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

This is a slide I purchased from mrsonchus, Thank you JohnB!
Slide labeled:
Daffodil
root-tip 5m
MIT series
mrsonchus

Olympus IX70
20x HMC
Canon EOS 7D
I probably should have cropped out the wrinkle, but I thought it was interesting.
Enjoy,
Radazz
Arnold, Missouri
Olympus IX70
Olympus BX40
Olympus SZ40

mrsonchus

Re: Mitosis HMC

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:51 pm

A wrinkle!
Tsk tsk - that's no wrinkle old chap, a mere bending-of-light-aberration-due-to-gravitational-disturbance-at-time-of-exposure....
I blame Sun-spots! :oops: :oops: :D

It's great to see an old friend again, I really to like to see the chromosomes rushing apart like this. Charlie-G a long-time-since gave the superbly interesting info re the mechanism of their movement along the spindles in a kind of 'waddling' fashion!

erm, I'm going to sound a bit thick here...but, what's HMC my friend?

Great to see a slide again, thanks for posting.

John B.
John B

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Thank you, Radazz for sharing this wonderful field of active cell multiplication in an onion root tip. Wonderful image you share with us..an actual microscopy image capture of how we all get by through time and changes...mitotic dance and resulting competent cell prodigy carrying on lifes burdens with legacy info..and sport variations whose chance gamble may reward the parade of life...all in one slide ( thanks Mrsonchus for this botanical microscopy with a deep context)...yes I will calm down now. BTW are you referring to Hoffman variant of DIC contrast microscopy in you term: HMC?

A short few years ago a physics-botany deep research pair of authors published a text stressing a need for a new understanding of trees and most larger plants...the message being...the huge tree, or the onion plant are totally coordinating all the organisms structures : root (which is active growing, which is active partnering with fungi/mycrorizale webs in the shared substrate (soils...or water matts, etc., in all sorts of exchanges/ all sorts of communications)...stem or trunks which elect if/when to adjust to structural needs...if when to establish new meristems/ new shoot groths...and the shear mechanics of vast weight stress, vast challenge of drought/ temp swings/ solar available energy input ( neighbors crowd..it is not enough to be a balanced 'solar receptor organism').

To integrate mitosis/ tissue growth..with physics on tons of tree tissues...with a canopy of trees or onions...top to bottom all cells, all cell mitosis , whole organisms meshed with a rich below ground fugal network..bacteria partnerd in each large plants: 'ribosphere'...this requires a new and wholistic understanding on what our worlds plants are...simple cell cycles...simple photosynthetic equations. however complex and deeply we recognize the steps/ the enzyme metabolic oceans within cells or tissues..totally miss what our botanical globe primary producers are....a new and rich understanding of our worlds plants can be enriched with the mitotic field of onion root tip cells in this slide which 'Radazz' kindly shares with us here...thank you for this wonderful microscopy image capture, Radazz. Charlie Guevara, finger lakes/US

Radazz

#4 Post by Radazz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:21 pm

mrsonchus wrote:
erm, I'm going to sound a bit thick here...but, what's HMC my friend?

John B.
Hoffman Modulation Contrast
http://microscopy.berkeley.edu/Resource ... ffman.html
Jim
Arnold, Missouri
Olympus IX70
Olympus BX40
Olympus SZ40