Help identifying suspected bacteria

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
malsi

Help identifying suspected bacteria

#1 Post by malsi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 pm

If it's a hint, this did come from a live body, i dont know if that helps to tell whether this is a fungus or bacteria that usually is found on a human body. I would have thought it was nothing if not for what seems to be organelles traveling down.

Here, is from a blood sample. The round pointy objects are blood cells that appear to have lost oxygen or are in the process of expanding too much due to whatever reason. I know they did not have these points on them when they were first placed on the slide, but over a couple of minutes they quickly all became this way. If it isn't the blood cells reacting to the enviornment in someway, my next guess is platelets. However, i'm more concerned with what this large thing in the middle is.

It almost seems like it has smaller blood cells on the surface, which I know can't be right because the blood cells are much smaller than my own. But the shape of them seem to remind me of something that isn't just a spot on the slide. Is this a bacterium?

apochronaut

Re: Help identifying suspected bacteria

#2 Post by apochronaut » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm

# 1 is a fiber of some sort, probably cotton. # 2 is being caused by an air pocket, which allows dry or partially dehydrated material to image differently than the surrounding hydrated area.

malsi

Re: Help identifying suspected bacteria

#3 Post by malsi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 pm

So number 2 is probably more blood cells in a pocket being reflected differently than the rest and so appearing smaller? Or what im seeing on there that look similar to blood cells is something random that isn't blood cell related, or bacteria related at all?

These were the closet things to bacteria/fungi that i've found through many different samples from myself. I don't understand why I'm not finding anything. I thought I'd have bacteria everywhere in these samples. But I was thinking I dont think i know what im looking for besides these. The first one looked a lot different than the fibers from my shirt and hair, that's why i assumed maybe it was something i wanted to find especially because of the innards.