Unknown creature again

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
janvangastel

Unknown creature again

#1 Post by janvangastel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm

I found the creature in this video in a fish tank, where I already found many different microscopic organisms. This one looks a bit like a rotifer, but also like a gastrotrich. But possibly it is something else. I hope someone knows:

actinophrys

Re: Unknown creature again

#2 Post by actinophrys » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:58 pm

They're not as evident here as in some, but at times like 1:22 you can see the action of the jaws in the throat, which are distinctive to rotifers and their immediate relatives. There are a lot of soft-bodied types with this basic form. This one is nicely identified by the peculiar spine between its toes as a Notommata; more particularly only N. tripus has one at the end like that, at least out of the species in general reviews.

janvangastel

#3 Post by janvangastel » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 am

Thank you, I will update the name.

I find it very difficult to identify objects. I spend much time looking through photographs and video's on the internet, but most of the time I don't find the creature or I indentify it wrong.

mintakax

#4 Post by mintakax » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:54 pm

janvangastel wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 am

I find it very difficult to identify objects. I spend much time looking through photographs and video's on the internet, but most of the time I don't find the creature or I indentify it wrong.
Haha-- I hear you brother ! I'm grateful for the experts that we have on this forum !

WhyMe

#5 Post by WhyMe » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:00 pm

mintakax wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:54 pm
janvangastel wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 am

Haha-- I hear you brother ! I'm grateful for the experts that we have on this forum !
Yes, thanks to the people who help! God knows I need help! :lol: