Another Video For ID

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
cd13

Another Video For ID

#1 Post by cd13 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:32 am

Guys, I’m getting really addicted to this, but at the same time frustrated with my images (maybe I’m expecting too much from my AmScope microscope 😔)

Does anybody knows what is this? I used 100x oil and it’s from pond water. Raw unprocessed video from my phone.

c-krebs

Re: Another Video For ID

#2 Post by c-krebs » Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 am

Don't know what it is, but to me it sure looks like Brownian motion (rather than bacteria or little critters)... very small particles moving randomly after collisions with molecules in the liquid.

(In out microscopes we commonly see this in Closterium, where, at the tips, crystals of barium or calcium sulfate are constantly bouncing around)

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Thu May 07, 2020 7:52 am

I’m getting really addicted to this, but at the same time frustrated with my images
Things are always a little fussy at high magnifications.

You should hone your skills using a 20x or a 40x on larger animalcules.

Remember that the condenser should be close to the bottom of the slide and that you should start with the condenser diaphragm open and

only close it just the amount needed to improve contrast, that usually translates to 75% - 80% open.

As for IDs, one tends to get more answers when posting such queries in the Identification help section.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

cd13

#4 Post by cd13 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks!
I’m getting a new microscope with a more powerful led and trinocular. I hope that helps. I’ll continue my leaning journey