Bdelloid Rotifer

Write test posts here. This is the place to experiment with the forum. I may delete the contents from time to time.
Chilihead

Bdelloid Rotifer

#1 Post by Chilihead » Fri May 13, 2016 11:57 pm

My first attempt at posting a video, so trying here first.

Last edited by Chilihead on Sat May 21, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chilihead

Re: Bdelloid Rotifer

#2 Post by Chilihead » Sat May 14, 2016 12:04 am

Can't figure out how to embed a video. Do I need to have so many posts?

rnabholz

#3 Post by rnabholz » Sat May 14, 2016 2:48 am

Hi Chili,

When you go to YouTube and click on the share button, you get a link that looks something like this: "https://youtu.be/1_gSgNcz9k0" (without the quotes)

Copy the link.

Return to the forum.

To place your video in the post, you position your cursor where you want it to appear and click the youtube button in the header, just under the Subject line.

That will place the following in your post at the cursor position:

[youtube][/youtube]

Between the two bracketed youtubes you copy the code from your link, BUT JUST THE CODE AFTER THE SINGLE forward slash.

In this case that would be: 1_gSgNcz9k0 so it should like this

[woutube]1_gSgNcz9k0[/woutube] (The w's should be "y"s -just trying to fool the software to display the text, not the actual link)

That's it. Your video should appear in line in the post. You should check if it is correct by hitting the preview button and see if it appears, if not, check your link code.

When done right it should look like this

Chilihead

#4 Post by Chilihead » Fri May 20, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks Rod, got it figured out.

gekko

#5 Post by gekko » Fri May 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Very nice video and image. I find it interesting that the image looks very smooth in texture, and I wonder how you achieved that. What equipment (especially objective and camera) did you use?

Chilihead

#6 Post by Chilihead » Sat May 21, 2016 12:08 am

gekko wrote:Very nice video and image. I find it interesting that the image looks very smooth in texture, and I wonder how you achieved that. What equipment (especially objective and camera) did you use?
Is that question for me or rnabholz?

gekko

#7 Post by gekko » Sat May 21, 2016 12:27 am

Chilihead wrote:
gekko wrote:Very nice video and image. I find it interesting that the image looks very smooth in texture, and I wonder how you achieved that. What equipment (especially objective and camera) did you use?
For you :) .

Chilihead

#8 Post by Chilihead » Sat May 21, 2016 1:36 am

gekko wrote:
Chilihead wrote:
For you :) .
Lol, well sorry to disappoint you but I can only guess (at some of it).

I'm a 20+ year astronomy guy. Got started in astrophotography a few years ago. Purchased a couple cameras and started learning the craft. Browsed the microscopy forum at Cloudy Nights and realized how much the hobbies had in common so decided to buy a microscope (AmScope T490B) for when the skies are cloudy.

I captured this in my first attempt. Camera is a ZWO ASI224MC (astro camera). I believe it's through the 10x objective. I'm pretty sure I had the condenser lever to the left (iris open). I adjusted light until the image was pleasing.

I'll start taking notes for future images/videos. It's still new to me.

Bob

gekko

#9 Post by gekko » Sat May 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you Bob. I hope you won't think I'm mean, but I wish you many cloudy nights :) .

Chilihead

#10 Post by Chilihead » Sun May 22, 2016 9:38 pm

gekko wrote:Thank you Bob. I hope you won't think I'm mean, but I wish you many cloudy nights :) .
I haven't had the telescope out in three weeks due to rain and clouds. I am so glad I bought this microscope.

Thanks for the "kind" thoughts, LOL.