A tidied-up website version...

Write test posts here. This is the place to experiment with the forum. I may delete the contents from time to time.
mrsonchus

A tidied-up website version...

#1 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:45 am

Hi all, I've tidied up my site a bit and added pictures to the pictures page etc - making some progress...
Thanks for any opinions. :)
(link in my signature)
John B

gekko

Re: A tidied-up website version...

#2 Post by gekko » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Looks to me to be one of the best laid out and cleanest websites I've seen. It now fits on my screen without any sideways scrolling (always nice). It is, so far, very easy to use even by me. Very nice, very well thought out.

Crater Eddie

#3 Post by Crater Eddie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Looking very good indeed! You might want to get rid of the "Click to edit text. Focus on how you can benefit your customers" at the bottom of the pages though.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

mrsonchus

#4 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:18 pm

gekko wrote:Looks to me to be one of the best laid out and cleanest websites I've seen. It now fits on my screen without any sideways scrolling (always nice). It is, so far, very easy to use even by me. Very nice, very well thought out.
Ah great news, thanks gekko - as it now is, it is able to perform as a functioning although basic site - I want to keep it simple and 'fit for purpose' with a cautious approach to 'enhancement' as I feel over-complication will not only be time-consuming for me as I've so very little knowledge of web-site building, but possibly 'over-egging-the-pudding' as they say her in the UK.

At least it's stable and usable - and I've a lot of work in the lab to do also - I've Liverworts everywhere! :D :D

Thanks for the input old chap! :)
John B

mrsonchus

#5 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Crater Eddie wrote:Looking very good indeed! You might want to get rid of the "Click to edit text. Focus on how you can benefit your customers" at the bottom of the pages though.
CE
Urk..! :oops: You spotted my deliberate mistake! :D :oops:

I'll get rid of that right now - thanks for the feedback Eddie, much appreciated my friend. :D :)
John B