My new website - slide feedback appreciated

Write test posts here. This is the place to experiment with the forum. I may delete the contents from time to time.
mrsonchus

My new website - slide feedback appreciated

#1 Post by mrsonchus » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi all, just a quick request if I may. Would those that have some of my slides mind entering some feedback/comments regarding the slides that they have if possible.
Please don't however feel obliged to do this for me, if you do fancy entering such feedback it will be a great help of course with my fledgling website but some may prefer not to leave such comments of course and that's perfectly fine my friends.

Anyway, please go to my homepage where you will see a feedback/comment tab that will open a form for your short message - of course no personal details at all are exposed (e-mail is DEFINITELY not published).

Thanks all if you leave some comments for me, also of course any further ideas for the site will be greatly appreciated as they are always a help - this is a totally new activity for me and I'm learning as I go!

Thanks to all those that have given me ideas and help with the website so far, you're a fine crowd! :D :D :)
Last edited by mrsonchus on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
John B

charlie g

Re: My new website - slide feedback appreciated

#2 Post by charlie g » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Hello, John B. and all. Indeed this wknd I will post feedback on the group of slides I purchased from you a few months ago.

Yes, yes I was delighted...and fancied I heard late spring garden birds chirping as I explored just one slide of that group of slides.

I cheer the way you cobbled forum microscopy with collection/setup/botanical microtechnique/ and as it happens tutorials on your materials processing.

We all enjoy your shared microscopy Mr.Sonchas! warmly, charlie guevara...happy that we have enjoyed rain these few days in finger lakes/US

mrsonchus

#3 Post by mrsonchus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:23 pm

charlie g wrote:Hello, John B. and all. Indeed this wknd I will post feedback on the group of slides I purchased from you a few months ago.

Yes, yes I was delighted...and fancied I heard late spring garden birds chirping as I explored just one slide of that group of slides.

I cheer the way you cobbled forum microscopy with collection/setup/botanical microtechnique/ and as it happens tutorials on your materials processing.

We all enjoy your shared microscopy Mr.Sonchas! warmly, charlie guevara...happy that we have enjoyed rain these few days in finger lakes/US
Hello Mr G - good to hear from your old chap! :D
I'm delighted you're enjoying your slide-surfing! :D Thanks for the feedback my friend - it's all a great help in getting the website going.

My intention is to include far more than just the 'commercial side' of slides for sale - I think it will be a good host for items that I may put together probably in PDF for download for example, together with all sorts of Botanical goodies!

The possibilities are endless, and I'm gradually becoming more familiar and confident with the use of the website-editing software as I go... It's very time-consuming but I ration time spent n the web-site development to 1hr an evening if possible - many things to explore in the lab at this time of year... :D

Coming - up in the lab adventures - root-tip chromosomes and an exploration of Liverworts - I've now identified (after spending a delightful 2hrs in the sunny gardens of our home yesterday) 3 definitely distinct species of 'thallose liverworts', namely Marchantia.polymorpha (subspecies very hard to determine), Conocephalum.conicum and the half-moon gemmae-cups of the beautiful Lunularia!
Amazing what is right beneath our noses everywhere we go - one of the greatest aspects of Botany I think! Having obscene amounts of fun at this time of year in the UK- adventure everywhere! :D :D

Back soon with some 'proper' threads that folk may enjoy. :D :)

Oh, here's a quick image or two of gemmae-cups and a gemma (the vegetative 'propagules' found within gemmae-cups) from the Marchantia....
ws_marchantia_g_cups.jpg
ws_marchantia_g_cups.jpg (50.97 KiB) Viewed 5758 times
and from within....
ws_marchantia_gemma2.jpg
ws_marchantia_gemma2.jpg (63.84 KiB) Viewed 5758 times
Back soon with an adventure (or two)... :D :D :)

p.s. Thanks all for your help with the website - it's coming along nicely my friends. :)
Last edited by mrsonchus on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
John B

zzffnn

#4 Post by zzffnn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:15 am

John B,

I saw "testimonial" tab but not "feedback/comment" tab. And on my Android phone the "testimonial" tab /page does not open a form for me to write in. Sorry, I am traveling and will have to try it again on a regular computer when I get home on next week.

mrsonchus

#5 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:38 am

zzffnn wrote:John B,

I saw "testimonial" tab but not "feedback/comment" tab. And on my Android phone the "testimonial" tab /page does not open a form for me to write in. Sorry, I am traveling and will have to try it again on a regular computer when I get home on next week.
Hi Fan, the comments form is on a tab in the home-page my friend,

here's a snip,
comment_tab_snip.JPG
comment_tab_snip.JPG (27.47 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
Thanks Fan, enjoy your travels old chap. :)
John B