easyzzom test

Write test posts here. This is the place to experiment with the forum. I may delete the contents from time to time.
admin
Site Admin

easyzzom test

#1 Post by admin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Science may set limits to knowledge, but should not set limits to imagination.
(Bertrand Russell)

Tom Jones

Re: easyzzom test

#2 Post by Tom Jones » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:45 am

VERY nice! :D The annotations work very well, too.
It looks I need to do a bit of home work to see if this is better than Zoomify. I'm mostly interested in a stand alone solution.

Any comments Oliver?

Tom

apochronaut

#3 Post by apochronaut » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Looks very useful . Open source too!

billbillt

#4 Post by billbillt » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks for sharing, Oliver.. Looks to be a handy and useful tool...

BillT

mrsonchus

#5 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:12 pm

That's a really handy tool - really nice to be able to annotate and 'live zoom'. Is it also possible to put markers onto the picture that when 'clicked' will show another linked picture?

This certainly looks a very useful and smoothly-operating tool...

Thanks for the post Oliver old chap. :D :)

p.s. a lovely root-tip slide too - I wish I could make them that good - it's a real beauty!
John B

billbillt

#6 Post by billbillt » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:17 pm

mrsonchus wrote:That's a really handy tool - really nice to be able to annotate and 'live zoom'. Is it also possible to put markers onto the picture that when 'clicked' will show another linked picture?

This certainly looks a very useful and smoothly-operating tool...

Thanks for the post Oliver old chap. :D :)

p.s. a lovely root-tip slide too - I wish I could make them that good - it's a real beauty!
You do make them that good.. And better..

BillT

mrsonchus

#7 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Jim - you're a kind fellow! :)
John B

easyzoom

#8 Post by easyzoom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:21 pm

We are working on a solution that you can add links inside of the easyzoom annotations. will be possible soon.

if you have any other suggestions just send us a message through our contact form @ easyzoom.com

martin

Charles

#9 Post by Charles » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi Martin,

I just registered over on your easyzoom site and have a few questions.

For the no-cost, free use we are allowed one album. How much space are we allowed?

The posted photos can be made private or public? If they are made private, can the still be shared here on MicrobeHunter or I would need to make them public?

Are there instructions on your site on how to link those pictures to this forum?

yury.kovshov

#10 Post by yury.kovshov » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:04 am

Charles wrote: (1) For the no-cost, free use we are allowed one album. How much space are we allowed?

(2) The posted photos can be made private or public? If they are made private, can the still be shared here on MicrobeHunter or I would need to make them public?

(3) Are there instructions on your site on how to link those pictures to this forum?
Hi Charles,

I'm not Martin, but can also answer:

1) For free we give 2Gb with all microscopic formats support. You can check all the plans here: https://easyzoom.com/plans
But I would say that we are more or less flexible in these plans, and still thinking how to better fit them to user's needs.

2) Yes, photos (as albums) can be private or public. And if you make them private you still can share them by link (like in Google Docs). And only users who have this link will be able to open it.

3) Basically, it is quite simple. If you have an opened public image (like https://easyzoom.com/image/92839), you see the ID of this image = 92839.
Then you just use the ID with [easyzoom] tag in you reply edit form.
But seems that it's impossible to embed here private image which is shared by secret link, which looks like this:
https://easyzoom.com/imageaccess/2aca66 ... ab3dad37e1

yury.kovshov

#11 Post by yury.kovshov » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 am

mrsonchus wrote:That's a really handy tool - really nice to be able to annotate and 'live zoom'. Is it also possible to put markers onto the picture that when 'clicked' will show another linked picture?
After next release it will be possible to add links and some images inside annotations.

Charles

#12 Post by Charles » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Thank you Yury for the clarification. It was hard finding information on the EasyZoom web page...until I went all the way to the top right where the three dots are. ;)