Private Massaging (PM) issues

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
admin
Site Admin

Private Massaging (PM) issues

#1 Post by admin » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Dear Forum Members,
Several people had problems sending Private Messages (PM).
1. I updated the Forum software to the newest version yesterday. This was probably not the reason, but I mention it for sake of completion.
2. The maximum number of PM was limited to 100 messages. All further messages are held back until old messages are deleted. It is also possible for me to adjust the settings so that old messages are deleted automatically, but this would mean that possibly important messages are automatically deleted from the users - so this is a setting that I did not make. I increased the number of messages to 200. Users are requested to delete old messages if they reach this limit, otherwise new messages might not reach them. The messages remain in the Outbox of the sender until the receiver has opened it. In this sense, the Private Messaging system works differently than conventional email, where the message leaves the Outbox. If you want to keep a record of all messages, then I recommend that you copy paste them to a word processor before deleting.
3. New users have to post several posts in order to be able to send private messages. This is to prevent spam.
I hope that this resolves some of the issues.....
Oliver.
Science may set limits to knowledge, but should not set limits to imagination.
(Bertrand Russell)

chipper

Re: Private Massaging (PM) issues

#2 Post by chipper » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Tanks! Issue is solved now for me.
LOMO biolam P6
Novex P-10