Can forum members delete their own posted images from their own 'old threads'?

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
charlie g

Can forum members delete their own posted images from their own 'old threads'?

#1 Post by charlie g » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:47 am

Hi all. In the most recent posting of: "Forum Rules" it was noted all forum members are permited a specific amount of posted images space.

I ask if I can visit my 'old and inactive threads'..and delete my posted images from those threads?

I ask if this will satisfy the requirement of not exceeding a set amount of posted image space alloted to me in forum?
Last edited by charlie g on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

mrsonchus

Re: Can forum members delete their own posted images from their own 'old threads'?

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Mr G - just seen this post....
Yes you can delete your 'old pictures' from posts. Just go to a post of yours via a search on your own username and with you as the maker of the first post in the thread (i.e. it's your post) or indeed any threads in which you've posted with pictures.
Editing each post - at the bottom of the editing screen - below the editing-box for text - is a list of the pictures that you've uploaded to the forum's servers to include in the post with the 'place inline' or leave as attachment option. These images are easily removed/deleted from your post as is any text you may wish to remove - this will greatly reduce your data-footprint on the forum's servers my friend.
I'm going through some major data (pictures included) restructuring and organization steps right at this time and have myself removed many pictures both from the forum's server/s and shuffled many images around in the restructuring of my own online data/image storage....
A very laborious task that I think may take me a month - lots of thought needs to go into such a structuring of data (including images of course)... :)
John B

billbillt

Re: Can forum members delete their own posted images from their own 'old threads'?

#3 Post by billbillt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:49 pm

mrsonchus wrote:Hi Mr G - just seen this post....
Yes you can delete your 'old pictures' from posts. Just go to a post of yours via a search on your own username and with you as the maker of the first post in the thread (i.e. it's your post) or indeed any threads in which you've posted with pictures.
Editing each post - at the bottom of the editing screen - below the editing-box for text - is a list of the pictures that you've uploaded to the forum's servers to include in the post with the 'place inline' or leave as attachment option. These images are easily removed/deleted from your post as is any text you may wish to remove - this will greatly reduce your data-footprint on the forum's servers my friend.
I'm going through some major data (pictures included) restructuring and organization steps right at this time and have myself removed many pictures both from the forum's server/s and shuffled many images around in the restructuring of my own online data/image storage....
A very laborious task that I think may take me a month - lots of thought needs to go into such a structuring of data (including images of course)... :)
Hi John,

Please don't delete your photos.. They are some of the best on this forum.. Also please leave your informative text posts.. They can be SO helpful to a person wanting to pursue Botanical sectioning!!

BillT

charlie g

#4 Post by charlie g » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Thank you