Spam post and inappropriate use

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
sreynolds

Spam post and inappropriate use

#1 Post by sreynolds » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:27 am

There is a post on 'Introduce Yourself' that needs to be deleted and the user banned. Please take care of it. Thanks.
Steve

MichaelG.

Re: Spam post and inappropriate use

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:04 am

Just to note that I attempted to report that post when I first saw it … but although the reporting icon opened a form … I don’t think it submitted my report.

I then [wrongly] assumed that the matter was already in-hand.
MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:35 pm

I have experienced a lot of the: PM functions do not work. I hope Oliver is well ' family healthy and happy. charlie g

sreynolds

#4 Post by sreynolds » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:21 pm

I know this is not a new problem - see for instance viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15739 - but leaving this kind of offensive junk up for days has a serious impact on my interest in being associated with the forum. Some trusted members should be deputized to remove span on sight, and suspend the posting user.
Steve

charlie g

#5 Post by charlie g » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:51 pm

I hope all is well for Oliver and family.

bkt

#6 Post by bkt » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:53 pm

Seems this site makes efforts to keep spammers away. The best option I found was to ban full/huge ranges of IPs...

They still find their way through, whatever admins do. Musk made some efforts for X. They still find their ways in there.

You shall not feel "associated" to such content. On X, Insta, FB or Tiktok, people aren't. Or all would have left.

bkt

#7 Post by bkt » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:07 am

sreynolds wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:21 pm
but leaving this kind of offensive junk up for days has a serious impact on my interest in being associated with the forum
That is what I was just hurted by on YT, sort of adult content, an ad, whilst I was watching table saws videos (adult content): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GI1WOvTWQAE ... name=large

Spammers find their way through, everywhere, on X, on Google services also. Somehow, we have to deal with this, without being "associated to".

I notified this unexpected content to @YTCreateurs, knowing them, they'll react in the next hours :lol: