internal server error

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
mete

internal server error

#1 Post by mete » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:55 am

When I am browsing the forum, very often I receive this error:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory.

PeteM

Re: internal server error

#2 Post by PeteM » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:49 pm

I sometimes receive the same error. Refreshing the page has worked in each case. My assumption - others would know better - is that the server is temporarily overloaded with requests.

dtsh

#3 Post by dtsh » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:44 pm

PeteM wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:49 pm
I sometimes receive the same error. Refreshing the page has worked in each case. My assumption - others would know better - is that the server is temporarily overloaded with requests.
As someone who's run webservers, that is my assumption as well. Could be a failure at various ends, database, disk access, memory, etc, but a resource is likely being exceeded and the webserver is returning an error rather than the desired content.

Hobbyst46

#4 Post by Hobbyst46 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:32 pm

In the past couple of weeks, the Internal Server Error notice has become real nuisance.

mete

#5 Post by mete » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am

dtsh wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:44 pm
PeteM wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:49 pm
As someone who's run webservers, that is my assumption as well. Could be a failure at various ends, database, disk access, memory, etc, but a resource is likely being exceeded and the webserver is returning an error rather than the desired content.
Probably. I didnt see anyone mentioned the error, so I wanted to raise the flag in case it is not noticed. I assume there are people here who might help, myself included, if needed.