Need to learn. Please help.

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Greg Howald

Need to learn. Please help.

#1 Post by Greg Howald » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:00 am

I have 4 cameras. They are all either usb or wireless. They all perform fairly well. But a lot of you folks are using dslr cameras with a c mount. I've never used such a thing. I don't know anything about how to get the right thing and I don't know if results in imaging will be improved. Soooo... Advice please....
Greg

BramHuntingNematodes

Re: Need to learn. Please help.

#2 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 am

What are the sensor sizes on your current cameras? Also, remind me of your setup again? I have found that good pictures can be taken with mediocre cameras if the scope is set up correctly and has a good image to begin with. The camera may not be your bottleneck.
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

Greg Howald

#3 Post by Greg Howald » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 am

Current setup is an Amscope T420. Very good scope. Pretty good photos using the wireless camera but the MU1000 just gets swamped with light. Image in the camera goes white. Just don't know anything about dslr cameras or if an upgrade would be worthwhile. Do you know if there is a you tube video about it?.

BramHuntingNematodes

#4 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 am

If you can adjust the settings on the camera using software you will want to turn your exposure down almost as far as it can go. Set it to manual if there is an automatic override. You should be able to get some quite nice shots with that camera.
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

Greg Howald

#5 Post by Greg Howald » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Ok. Thanks.