Anything else I need?

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Gasman

Anything else I need?

#1 Post by Gasman » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi Guys
I`ve got my Leitz laborlux microscope with 38mm trinocular port here
laborluxsnap.png
laborluxsnap.png (297.87 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
and I`ve got one of these Leitz phototubes ordered and on its way
phototube.png
phototube.png (316.04 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
I assume the photo tube contains the relevant lenses I need so I think I just need a 23mm to Nikon bayonet adaptor to connect my Nikon DSLR to my scope. Can you tell me if I need the 23mm to Nikon adaptor with or without additional lenses please assuming the phototube has them?. Does this setup sound ok?.
thanks
Steve

charlie g

Re: Anything else I need?

#2 Post by charlie g » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi...I am not an expert...but: that photo tube has the specific specs on it for use wither the 12X ocular nested inside it...
or the 10Xocular (plus a 5 mm spcer ring to have it parfocal with the 12Xocular).

So it performs as a camera adapter with a nested occular.

Folks with more knowledge on this will tell you that you can put your dslr body on this tube with no optic lens..and get images which are either cropped, only useing part of the field of view...but needing tube length adjustment to fully utilize your camera bodies sensor.

This photo tube has specs on it...other similar photo tubes might spec as: 8X&6.3X occulars...I visited eBay to see what I just posted to you, gasman. charlie guevara

Gasman

#3 Post by Gasman » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks for that Charlie. I`ve just ordered a 23mm to T mount adaptor (without lens) for my Nikon dslr so hopefully everything will work to give me a focused image :) . Not sure if the setup will be parfocal with my x10 eyepieces but no probs.
regards
Steve

75RR

#4 Post by 75RR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Not familiar with that camera tube, but it does look as if it might be adjustable (internal thread) which should allow you to achieve parfocality with the eyepieces, which is good.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)