Toupview query!

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Gasman

Toupview query!

#1 Post by Gasman » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi guys
Recently installed Toupview 3.7 and found a YouTube on Toupview using the same version. The version on YouTube (also 3.7) shows a resizeable rectangle when clicking on 'White balance' but when I click on 'White balance' on my copy this rectangle is'nt available?. Is my version an earlier or later build and thus maybe an automatic white balance?
Thanks
Steve

rabitt

Re: Toupview query!

#2 Post by rabitt » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:53 pm

When you open white balance a red adjustable/moveable rectangle will come up on you video. Try to adjust the exposure time to darken or brighten the video, it should show up.

rabitt

#3 Post by rabitt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:39 am

I failed to mention; reduce the ZOOM % the box should appear, You can then move it so it remains
on the video as you increase the ZOOM %.

Crater Eddie

#4 Post by Crater Eddie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:17 pm

And, you can re-size the wb box once you find it.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

Gasman

#5 Post by Gasman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi guys
Tried increasing/decreasing exposure and also zoom out/in but no rectangles?. I understand from a youtube video that there should be a resizeable rectangle for the exposure too but nothing there??. Is there a setting for disabling these rectangles I`ve maybe missed? Only way I can get a rectangle is by the video overlay setting but that doesn`t move??. I notice also on my 3.7 version I don`t have a `Tint` option in White balance too.
thanks
Steve

rabitt

#6 Post by rabitt » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:14 am

What does your ToupView help manual say about white balance group ? My camera is an OMAX 5mp, help manual is
"version X64, 3.7.5639 Built May 16 2015 17:41:12" Compatible Windows XP/Vista/7/8 I believe 10 is on the disk also.
AMscope cameras use ToupView also. Mac OS and Linux are very limited.

Perhaps you should check with AMscope / OMAX (your camera is) to see if you have the correct version of software, you should be able to down load it from their site.

Everyone on the forum have been very helpful answering my questions about ToupView, I'm sure you will hear from them soon.

Gasman

#7 Post by Gasman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Reading the help guide with my version of Toupview the White Balance section does indeed refer to a resizeable red rectangle and shows this info window -
whitebalanceinmanual.png
whitebalanceinmanual.png (8.78 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
with a `Tint` slider

but this is the actual White balance info window in mine-
whitebalance.png
whitebalance.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
with no `Tint` slider ???

Maybe this latest build is an actual `auto` White Balance ?? hence the `Auto` option :)
Toupviewinfo.png
Toupviewinfo.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 5866 times

When I take an image and open `White Balance` it does seem to gradually auto adjust the white?. I`ll keep digging :roll:
regards
Steve

rabitt

#8 Post by rabitt » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi,
I just went to Touptek.com as shown in your version specks, what camera brand do you have? Are you running windows 10 ?

You could be running the latest version of Toupview. Let us know what you find out.

Gasman

#9 Post by Gasman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi Rich
Yes running Win 10 64bit, camera is just a rebadged one of these SCMOS05100KPA from EBay/China.
Mine is the same as the SCMOS05100KPA on the Toupcam web site without the 'Toupcam' name on it!. Toupview was the version shipped with the camera.
Works perfectly and I'm OK with the Auto settings it just didn't have the other stuff mentioned by other Toupview users.
Cheers
Steve