Free Android App for Microscopy

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
barlowax

Free Android App for Microscopy

#1 Post by barlowax » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Dear Forum Members.

I'd like to draw your attention to a new tool for microscopists I've developed for Android devices, "Resolution".

After entering magnification, immersion medium, lambda, and NA the App will calculate resolution (actual and theoretical), axial resolution and fluorescence brightness of your objective.

Each objective entered can be easily saved and restored.

You can select your camera, binning and additional magnification to determine if you're sampling at Nyquist frequency.

All information generated get be easily shared via e-mail, MMS, LinkedIn or even Facebook (it could with the share button.

The App is free to download and compatible with phones or tablets running Android 4.0 or above.

I hope you find it useful!

Andrew L. Barlow

Please use the link below on your Android device to install:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nfragments

You can also find it on the Play Store by searching for the Keywords "Resolution Objective"
Attachments
This is what the output of the "Share" button looks like.  This allows you to share details of objectives with friends, or even this forum.
This is what the output of the "Share" button looks like. This allows you to share details of objectives with friends, or even this forum.
10.0 0.5 515.jpg (81.53 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
This is a sample shot!
This is a sample shot!
Phone Shot.PNG (59.41 KiB) Viewed 2216 times