USB Camera not working

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
karl becker

USB Camera not working

#1 Post by karl becker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am

Hi everyone,
I have a brand new USB3.0 18MP camera OMAX A35180U3 with Toupview on Windows 10. Toupview finds the camera. however, the software cursor spins non stop and never displays a picture. I'm thinking camera software driver issue. I downloaded the latest Troupview software and still the problem persists. I tried Camera app (Windows 10) and unable to get that to work either. Anyone know of a piece of software I can use to test if the camera is working okay? If I check Device Manager, the camera device driver reports that its working okay.
Tks Karl.

JimT

Re: USB Camera not working

#2 Post by JimT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm

First suggestion is contact OMAX. Good luck.

Crater Eddie

#3 Post by Crater Eddie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Agree with JimT.
I seem to recall that there are multiple files that need to be installed along with the ToupView software before you run it. If one of these is missing that might be the issue. But mine was an older version, this could be different now.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

mrsonchus

#4 Post by mrsonchus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Hmm, just a pretty random guess but try turning off your antivirus first. As unlikely as it seems I often get trouble with the 'behaviour monitoring' module of my Avast software. Alternatively perhaps try another PC.

Must agree with the chaps though, it's most likely a driver-issue - Omax may have 'their own' drivers for their branded ToupCam. Also it may be the case that not all of your USB ports (on PC) support or are set to USB3.

Just a few ideas.

John B. :)
John B

karl becker

#5 Post by karl becker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:39 am

Here's a copy of my message to seller microscopenet.com
Hi,
I can't get the camera to show an image with Toupview. Toupview finds the camera however the cursor continues spinning and doesn't end. Unable to close program and end up restarting PC to exit program. If I disconnect the camera USB cable and start Toupview the cursor can be used to select different parts of the program. I have no virus software or any other software installed on a brand new Windows 10 installation.
If I go into Device Manager and look at the USB camera it says its working okay.
I have tried the Toupview install from the OMAX CD and also tried the latest Toupview install download for windows 10 from the OMAX website.
Do you have another piece of software to test if the camera is working or not?
I have checked that the Camera port is open and can see the microscope stage.
Thanks Karl.

karl becker

#6 Post by karl becker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:08 am

Doh! you have to actually click on the camera in Toupview to make it work!
:D

mrsonchus

#7 Post by mrsonchus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:18 am

karl becker wrote:Doh! you have to actually click on the camera in Toupview to make it work!
:D
Oh....you didn't actually select the displayed camera - a necessity as more than one input may be listed there with it in certain configurations. :D Easily done old chap! :)

Great though that you're up-and-running - Toupview is a superb program, try the stacking - it's the fastest I've ever seen!

This is where the fun really starts! :D :D

John B. :)
John B

amanda1

#8 Post by amanda1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:01 am

maybe smth wrong with the driver and some other programs? try to reinstall everything by deleting the existing driver and see the compatibility with the software that you have installed.

geo_man

#9 Post by geo_man » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:04 pm

i see it's been a while, but what do you think of the camera? Thanks