camera adapter for Carl Zeiss Jena Amplival

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
MicroBob

Re: camera adapter for Carl Zeiss Jena Amplival

#31 Post by MicroBob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Peter,
this is the advantage of buying a used quality microscope and refurbishing it yourself - you save a lot of money.
If you want to buy acessories for a used microscope you might have to wait a while but when it turn up you will be able to afford it. Make sure to be seated well when you look for a set of plan fluorite objectives for this Primo Star (if these are availabe for this bottem end model). The sticker shock might be considerable.

Bob

PeterArmitage

Re: camera adapter for Carl Zeiss Jena Amplival

#32 Post by PeterArmitage » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:15 pm

I spoke with the owner of the Labequip.com company in Markham, Ontario, Canada. He says he has six Carl Zeiss Jena Ergavals for sale and that he had them serviced. He's selling them for $517 cdn (344 euros) + tax. Achromat objectives and no phase contrast. The quality of the servicing is unknown. Nonetheless, this may have some appeal for Canadian and American users of this BBS for whom shipping costs may be reasonable.

What I didn't know is that Zeiss Jena used to sell into North America. The Labequip owner said he had purchased these Ergavals dirt cheap from some high school sale of used lab equipment. They have power adapters for the North American grid.

He had a couple of Ergavals that he was using for parts, but he wouldn't sell me either of these for <$200. I can do better on eBay.

http://www.labequip.com/zeiss-jena-erga ... scope.html