Help identifying this mount

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Numanoid

Help identifying this mount

#1 Post by Numanoid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 pm

All, I've upgraded my camera and want to attempt to mount it to the base of trinocular port forgoing the focus tube. I'm getting a too-wide FoV with a 1x relay and thought if I could get the sensor closer to the output that may help. Also cut down on bulk. The problem is I have no idea what this mount is and if it's standard or Amscope (my scope) specific.

https://imgur.com/a/Gu358Az

Inner diameter of the hole/outer diameter of the tube is 1.5 inches.

The top is the port I wish to attach to. 2 allen screws hold the grooved tube in place. The bottom is the tube with slide focus. No optics are in it.

Ideally I'd want to go from this mount to C Mount and directly attach the camera. A 1x relay with focus would be fine too with this mount on the bottom and C Mount on the top.

Thanks!

daruosha

Re: Help identifying this mount

#2 Post by daruosha » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:09 pm

The tube is exactly like the one came with my stereo microscope, but it was to wobbly and I found a reduction lens with the same dovetail mount so I replaced the tube with the reduction lens.

I saw many other reduction optics (2x and 1.5x for DSLR camera's) with the very same dovetail. So it's safe to assume it's a common mount with Chinese manufacturers. I don't know where it came from originally and how it is cross compatible with other platforms.
Daruosh.

Numanoid

#3 Post by Numanoid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info. I spoke with Amscope (always hit or miss) earlier today and asked them what the mount was and if I could attach a camera to it without using the tube. I was told they didn't know.

I browsed their store and found this: https://www.amscope.com/1x-c-mount-came ... iew_tabbed

Which is exactly what I asked them if I could do. It even has my scope listed in the compatibility. According to them, it's called a CX Photo mount, but that's an Amscope designation.

I'm thinking this will get the camera closer to the image resulting in less tube being displayed. When I held the camera closer to the lens (sans tube) it was larger, but massively out of focus due to the incorrect optics. This may be my solution instead of trying to find a 1.2x relay lens.

There seems to be a whole lot of trial and error going on here, lol. Going to get spendy quick.

MichaelG.

#4 Post by MichaelG. » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Just an observation : The use of two diametrically opposed screws is very silly

It makes one wonder about other aspects of the mechanical design and build-quality.

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'