LabCam and LabCam Pro IPhone adapter

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
AntoniScott

LabCam and LabCam Pro IPhone adapter

#1 Post by AntoniScott » Sun May 10, 2020 4:32 pm

In my endless quest to find an inexpensive device to take microphotographs, I came across the LabCam. Before that, I was using my Nikon D5500 24 MP, attached to a C-Mount adapter (either a 0.5x or 1.0x). I was never satisfied with the image quality. I then tried a microscope camera (Excelis 600D) with a Sony IMX 283 sensor (2.8 MP). Image quality was much better than my Nikon but very expensive (over $1100). Then I came across the LabCam, a device that holds the Iphone in place and has its own special lens that fits into the microscope eyepiece tube or a phototube if you have a trinocular head.

Image quaity was better than the Nikon and almost as good as the Excelis. Although not cheap (the regular LabCam is over $200 and the Pro model over $300) it took great images and was easy to use without monitors, power sources, etc.

Unfortunately I am unable to attach any images for review regardless of how small I make the file size. I did not see anywhere what is the required file size.

MicroBob

Re: LabCam and LabCam Pro IPhone adapter

#2 Post by MicroBob » Sun May 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi Antoni, the image host here is limited to Jpegs of may 1024pixels and 500 kB. When these limits are respected it works flawless.

Bob