I have an:"on hold PM due space issues in that folder"...please advise?!

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
charlie g

I have an:"on hold PM due space issues in that folder"...please advise?!

#1 Post by charlie g » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi, all, I just err put my seat to the computer room chair...I'm alerted I have a 'new private message'...I go to this great forum/log in..."mesage is pended due space in the folder...it 'may be available' (what's this!!??) if space opens up for it.

1) at the time I had: 50 of 100 PM's in my PM inbox ( that's this Sat morning).

2) So I go on a house cleaning spree and delete PM's...I'm now with ; 38 of allowed 100 PM's...the new message will not 'be given to me yet'!

3) I totally understand content size matters (ooops), I understand why for forum shareing...image files must be below a specific size, I totally understand why we should tend to our PM folders...and not just acumulate clutter...I promise to do this regularly now.

But why at now 38 of permitted 100, why this am with 50 of allowed 100 PM's...why am I notified in a non forum account that 'you have a new PM'...and tantilizingly it's still not 'given to me'?

I ask if an actual person (moderator, or...gulp...owner?!) has to personally do something...or is it all 'aautomatic by the platforms settings...to 'release a PM 'waiting for space in the folder'?

Please offer comments, and thanks for these great conversations, and great microscopy! charlie guevara...it's above 48 degrees F..excellent weather to further delete stale PM's...but so many have useful content for me (hope less hoarder).

zzffnn

Re: I have an:"on hold PM due space issues in that folder"...please advise?!

#2 Post by zzffnn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Charlie G,

Please delete some emails in your "sent" folder too. Once you clean up all folders, you will be able to see your new PM. At least I did.

charlie g

#3 Post by charlie g » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for this advice...I forgot about my 'send folder'. Anyway, Fan...at 38 of allowed 100 PM's..I still am not allowed to have the new PM. charlie guevara

charlie

#4 Post by charlie » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:54 pm

I suspect it is a 'growing pain" thing. :-)

We were allowed only 50 PMs. Perhaps the change to 100 needs tweaking.

charlie g

#5 Post by charlie g » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks for that factoid of upgrade to 100 PM (from 50). Now a really dumb request for advice...how do I click on a string of PM's to dump with one click of a 'delete' box?

When I go to my sent-mail, and my PM mail..it seems I can only delete 'one PM at a time'...is there in the screens tool-bar a way to first tally up a group to delete...then delete all with one click? charlie guevara

Charles

#6 Post by Charles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Wrong post and I can't seem to remove the picture... :?
Attachments
Steindorff Objectives.jpg
Steindorff Objectives.jpg (154.83 KiB) Viewed 8701 times

charlie

#7 Post by charlie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:49 pm

charlie g wrote:Thanks for that factoid of upgrade to 100 PM (from 50). Now a really dumb request for advice...how do I click on a string of PM's to dump with one click of a 'delete' box?

When I go to my sent-mail, and my PM mail..it seems I can only delete 'one PM at a time'...is there in the screens tool-bar a way to first tally up a group to delete...then delete all with one click? charlie guevara
You check the ones that you wish to delete, go to the bottom of the list and change 'mark as important/unimportant' to 'delete marked' and then press go.

Charles

#8 Post by Charles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Wrong post again... :(