Trying to download photos.

Write test posts here. This is the place to experiment with the forum. I may delete the contents from time to time.
exmarine

Trying to download photos.

#1 Post by exmarine » Sat May 21, 2016 2:51 pm

I have been unsuccessful in a couple of postings to download photos so I will try here.

OK just seen file too big, now I need to adjust the size of my photos.
bye!!!!!
Thank you :shock:
Best regards
exmarine :x

uses Watson 'Service' 1950 compound.
uses Watson Stereo 1960 ish.

billben74

Re: Trying to download photos.

#2 Post by billben74 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi fellow Cambridgshire microscopist.
Many people on the forum use an image hosting site, such as photobucket/flicker etc. You can then put a direct link (the image hosting sites have a button next to your image saying direct link) between img tags that are created with a button in the editing window here on microbehunter.

The advantage is you can post bigger images and the servers for the forum don't get so full.

I took a while to start doing this when I joined but find it more convienient now.

exmarine

#3 Post by exmarine » Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Thank you for the information, I will probably try either photobucket or flicker. So I upload my photos to either and create a link to this site
is that what your saying? By the way where in CAMBS are you? I am located just outside Chatteris in the ward of Warboys. Perhaps we could get together some time?
Thank you for your input.
Best regards

JimT

#4 Post by JimT » Fri May 27, 2016 8:36 pm

I use PhotoBucket and restrict the JPEG size to about 1.5 mp. After you upload the photo click your library, click the image, and click the "Direct" bar to the right of the image. In Microhunter click "[IMG]" and past your image between the two.

Looking forward to seeing some of your efforts,

JimT

exmarine

#5 Post by exmarine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:50 pm

PICT1942-002.JPG
PICT1942-002.JPG (127.39 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
[img]
[/img]

I have got attachments if that's any good but cant find the photo's.

I give up.
Attachments
PICT1963-002.JPG
PICT1963-002.JPG (183.03 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
PICT1921.JPG
PICT1921.JPG (164.41 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
Best regards

gekko

#6 Post by gekko » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Beautiful diatoms and beautiful images. By the way, in a post by rnabholz (Rod) I think you asked about uploading images from Photobucket, and I described what I think is a foolproof way to do it, but I cannot find it right now and I need to run (but maybe you can find that post quicker than I can). IF not, I'll search for it later tonight.

gekko

#7 Post by gekko » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Here is a link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3036&p=27590&hilit ... ums#p27590
and here is a copy of what I wrote there:
exmarine wrote:I am still in the process of trying to download photos. I have joined photobucket and flicker but to no avail.
exmarine, try the following:
If when you are looking at your image on Photobucket you see to the right of the image, under "SHARE THIS PHOTO" one of the items labeled "IMG", then simply click on that field, it will turn yellow momentarily to indicate the the IMG code has been copied, then simply paste it in your post on the Microbe Hunter forum. If the IMG codes is not displayed to the right of your image, then:
After logging onto Photobucket, click on the avatar icon, then on "Settings", click on the "Albums" button at the top, and if the box next to IMG Code is not checked, click on it so it is checked (if it is already checked, then you don't have to do anything), then click on "SAVE" at the bottom. Now when you open an image, you will see on the right, under "SHARE THIS PHOTO", the IMG code. Click on it (the field turns yellow momentarily indicating that the code has been copied). In the Microbe Hunter forum, in your post where you want to post the picture, simply paste the code (^V if you are using Windows). That's it. It will paste the complete code like so:
[QMG]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u49 ... g~original[/QMG]
(where I replaced the "I" in "IMG" with "Q" to prevent actually posting the image here).
In short, once you have the IMG code displayed for your pictures, just click on it, then paste it in the forum.
I hope this works for you. It has for me for a long time.

exmarine

#8 Post by exmarine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanks for the information I will give that a go.
I have somehow downloaded a couple of photo's using the attachment method.
All you guys are so full of useful information and it's no problem passing it on.
Thank you all who have tried to help me.
All the best.
Best regards