Throat cells, help identify organism

Have problems identifying an organism? Ask for help here.
MilkaPt

Throat cells, help identify organism

#1 Post by MilkaPt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:24 am

Hello,

I have been spitting out some strange stuff, I have some infection going on since I have a lymph node with 2cm in the throat area (no pain, just localizer uncomfort in one area) , doctors do not seem concern and say it is probably something viral, I do not think so, since it has been over 1 year.

I need some help to identify what kind of intracelullar organism it could be.

I also have some kind of "Borrelia" since i see spirochets in my blood which doctors do not believe since the lab tests came negative for (borrelia, leptospirtose and treponema) (but this is another story, just to give the context that I probably have a low immunity)

Please take a look :

MilkaPt

Re: Throat cells, help identify organism

#2 Post by MilkaPt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:47 am

Up . Any Help please ?

apochronaut

#3 Post by apochronaut » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:28 am

Borrelia is tricky to diagnose accurately and it isn't surprising that you received a negative test. There are a a number of clinics and physicians who take the condition more seriously than the average GP and have schooled themselves in an expanded repertoire of methods in their diagnostic protocol. There are also several Lyme awareness groups around the continent , who have compiled a data base of such doctors, with a better understanding of the disease. That would be the best direction for you to head, for both a qualified diagnosis and a qualified treatment option..
Regarding a throat infection, that also needs to be seen by someone qualified to effect a thorough diagnosis, which also would require a group of diagnostic tools.

exmarine

#4 Post by exmarine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:06 pm

I am not a doctor but what about 'Antibiotics' would they help clear the problem. Good luck for the future.
Thank you :shock:
Best regards
exmarine :x

uses Watson 'Service' 1950 compound.
uses Watson Stereo 1960 ish.

Tom Jones

#5 Post by Tom Jones » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:26 am

CmchPt,

What apochronaut said, and:

Your photos aren't useful for diagnosis.

The mouth and throat contain so many different organisms that are normal flora that a culture is the only way to tell what is there that might be pathogenic, be it bacterial, viral, fungal, or whatever. Any worries about malignancies need to worked up for cytology using scrapings or tissue samples for biopsy and done by qualified personnel. It is extremely unlikely you found Borrelia in your blood. Even in severe infections, there is rarely enough bacteria in the blood to find microscopically. So much so that clinical labs never do direct smears to find bacteria in blood. If those were found with dark field or phase contrast "live blood" analysis, it is most certainly wrong. LBA is simply fraud designed to separate you from you money.

Sadly, medical diagnosis is really no place for amateurs, whether they are microscopists or not. It's way, way more complicated than it looks.

Tom