Wanted, Olympus First Order Red Compensator

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Moose

Wanted, Olympus First Order Red Compensator

#1 Post by Moose » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 am

I need an Olympus first order red compensator, otherwise known as a 1/4 wave plate or a mica plate. Hope I can find one on this forum.
Moose
Olympus BHS Trinocular with polarizer/analyzer
Canon 5DMark4 camera on trinocular head with photomicro L adapter.

zzffnn

Re: Wanted, Olympus First Order Red Compensator

#2 Post by zzffnn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:25 am

I assume you need a high quality precision one? I use CD wrapper sandwiched between two glass slides, as I just want to add color and don't need anything precise/high quality.

eBay search "quarter wave plate" also brought out many quality ones at low price, though they may not be Olympus.

Moose

#3 Post by Moose » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 pm

zzffnn wrote:I assume you need a high quality precision one? I use CD wrapper sandwiched between two glass slides, as I just want to add color and don't need anything precise/high quality.

eBay search "quarter wave plate" also brought out many quality ones at low price, though they may not be Olympus.
Yes, I would prefer an Olympus plate as it fits the slot in the analyzer attachment. I know I can do a make shift compensator with adhesive tape, I like your idea of a CD wrapper.
Moose

billbillt

#4 Post by billbillt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Moose,

Here is one that will be made to the dimensions you supply.. I don't know if a $100+ is a good buy..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Quar ... SwHjNV8HNk

BillT

Moose

#5 Post by Moose » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:21 pm

billbillt wrote:Hi Moose,

Here is one that will be made to the dimensions you supply.. I don't know if a $100+ is a good buy..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Customized-Quar ... SwHjNV8HNk

BillT
I saw these, I also read the feedback and seems some have had a few issues with quality. I would prefer to find one specifically for Olympus because I know the quality of them. I can limp by till I can find one.
Moose