Infinity on lomo

Everything relating to microscopy hardware: Objectives, eyepieces, lamps and more.
GaryB

Infinity on lomo

#1 Post by GaryB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:58 pm

One of these days I plan on adding a vertical/epi illuminator to my lomo but one thing I noticed is that a lot of the good 'reflected light' objectives are infinity corrected and I don't recall seeing anything about how to make use of these on lomo microscopes. Is this something only available on higher end models or is there a tube lens you can screw into the head?

I did see lomo has some infinity eyepieces, are these the secret sauce? Why do they always make this stuff such a mystery.

zzffnn

Re: Infinity on lomo

#2 Post by zzffnn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm

GaryB,

I remember member Crater Eddie put an infinity LOMO head on his 160mm finite LOMO scope. You can PM him to confirm:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=113

LOMO did make infinity objectives, matching eyepieces and infinity scopes. Their web site is down now:http://www.lomoplc.com

Does your LOMO scope have enough fine focus travel and fine focus marks? My Biolam has short fine focus travel and no micron narking. So it is not good for focus stacking; I use it as a portable.

Best,
Fan

GaryB

Re: Infinity on lomo

#3 Post by GaryB » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:41 am

Thanks for that, fan.

Yes, I've seen loads of cheap metallurgical apos, epi's and so on. Only seen one set of infinity eyepieces but no infinity heads so-far. The focus on the Biolam is awful imo, luckily I have a spare Zeiss standard carcass to mess with and also a great Tiyoda focus block with extremely fine focus precision. As you may guess, my Biolam will be going under surgery so it'll have a fixed arm and moving stage :)