For Sale: Zeiss Junior

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
wstenberg

For Sale: Zeiss Junior

#1 Post by wstenberg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:22 am

Selling my Zeiss junior microscope. I nice little entry-level microscope. The stand and stage are in good shape. I have place a new set of Chinese objectives as well as a new set of Chinese oculars. I have raised the stage by about 11 mm to accommodate the objectives, but it is easily changed back to the original configuration if someone wants to upgrade to Zeiss objectives at a later date (just spacers under the stage bolts). The built-in illuminator works well.

I have tried it out on a few slides, and it actually performs pretty good! Might be good for someone just starting out, or a biology student.

I'll try to answer any questions. I'm asking $200 in the current configuration.

I'll probably be putting it on Ebay soon. Too many microscopes here.
Attachments
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG (133.53 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
William
Astoria, Oregon

Zeiss Axiomat
Zeiss Stereomikroskop
Zeiss Tessovar

Tom Jones

Re: For Sale: Zeiss Junior

#2 Post by Tom Jones » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:21 am

wstenberg,

What/who was your source for the Chinese oculars? Any idea how well they would work with Zeiss objectives? I have several ex-university Standards that all had delaminated oculars I need to try to replace. Since they'll be donated to a middle or high school after refurbishment, Zeiss oculars are a bit expensive and maybe not necessary. Ebay wasn't being all that helpful the last couple of times I looked. Now that I think about it I could use a couple of sets of objectives, too.

Tom

wstenberg

#3 Post by wstenberg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:16 am

I purchased the oculars on Ebay. They are listed as "Pair of WF10X 18mm Widefield Eyepiece for Biological Microscopes 23.2mm" from a seller named "outdoor2015" in China. I have made several purchases from this seller in the past.

These oculars are a very economical replacement for the Zeiss microscopes (under US$20 for the pair). I have tried them out on my Zeiss Universal with Zeiss Plan Achromat objectives (160mm), and they seem to work fine.
Attachments
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg (45.98 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
William
Astoria, Oregon

Zeiss Axiomat
Zeiss Stereomikroskop
Zeiss Tessovar

Tom Jones

#4 Post by Tom Jones » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:42 am

Thanks!