What is this?

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
TareqPhoto

What is this?

#1 Post by TareqPhoto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi all,

Anyone has any idea about what is this i see on this image?

Thank you very much
Attachments
Sample 1.jpg
Sample 1.jpg (382.92 KiB) Viewed 8263 times

Crater Eddie

Re: What is this?

#2 Post by Crater Eddie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

What was the sample on the slide?
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

TareqPhoto

#3 Post by TareqPhoto » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Crater Eddie wrote:What was the sample on the slide?
CE
My saliva [if that was a correct word], i mean from my mouth.

ChrisR

#4 Post by ChrisR » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:43 am

I should see a doctor.
You have a severe case of chromatic aberration :lol:

Sorry I can't say anything useful...

Peter

#5 Post by Peter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.

janvangastel

#6 Post by janvangastel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

I also had this once and I thought it was blood (blood sample on the slide). But it was just dirt on the cover slip. Even dirt can look nice under a microscope.

TareqPhoto

#7 Post by TareqPhoto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

ChrisR wrote:I should see a doctor.
You have a severe case of chromatic aberration :lol:

Sorry I can't say anything useful...
Almost recovered, no need for a doctor anymore

TareqPhoto

#8 Post by TareqPhoto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Peter wrote:Hi Tareq,
Did you clean the slide and coverslip before using them? Either, or both look contaminated to me.
Hope this helps.
Peter.
Hi Peter,

to be honest, i only cleaned the slide, but i used new coverslip because i have so plenty of it, wasn't doing things serious so didn't want to through slides too, i still have a lot, but i want to have serious samples or specimen then i will start to use completely new slides and coverslips.

TareqPhoto

#9 Post by TareqPhoto » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

janvangastel wrote:I also had this once and I thought it was blood (blood sample on the slide). But it was just dirt on the cover slip. Even dirt can look nice under a microscope.
Ah ok, because honestly i couldn't see those at all until i used 40X objective honestly, if i used 4x or 10X those will be very tiny more and barely can be seen or noticed.

Thank you very much!

Peter

#10 Post by Peter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm

TareqPhoto wrote:
Hope this helps.
Peter.
Hi Peter,

to be honest, i only cleaned the slide, but i used new coverslip because i have so plenty of it, wasn't doing things serious so didn't want to through slides too, i still have a lot, but i want to have serious samples or specimen then i will start to use completely new slides and coverslips.
Hi Tareq,
Do not rely on the new slides and coverslips being clean, they often are not. It is always safest to clean them before use.
Peter.

TareqPhoto

#11 Post by TareqPhoto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Peter wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Hope this helps.
Peter.
Hi Peter,

Hi Tareq,
Do not rely on the new slides and coverslips being clean, they often are not. It is always safest to clean them before use.
Peter.
Not just that, i mean i did use the same slide after i did previous sample, by another mean i did re-use the slide, just i only changed the coverslip, so for that re-use i did wash the slide and then wiped it with cotton cloth.

I hope i can find a source of living cells somewhere, pond i think i don't see any around and i won't take that from let's say sewers[or sewage] or streets.

Will i find living moving cells or life from my body parts or remaining? i mean i tried once with blood but i never see anything moving, the only thing moving of that blood was it is getting dry, so i don't know where i can try to find living so i can take videos or images at least, i thought with my saliva while i am still sick i can see things moving, or even from my nose, but i don't know what made those cells dead once i put them between slides and coverslips without even staining them or clean anything previously, that is why i wash the slide as i don't like to waste and throw slide after slide trying to find moving living once, but i won't give up, i once saw that moving living interesting only from a dirty juice left for days maybe a week.

Hobbyst46

#12 Post by Hobbyst46 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
or water from an aquarium -
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.

TareqPhoto

#13 Post by TareqPhoto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Hobbyst46 wrote:Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Every sea shore, any lake, any stream, any pond in the park contains small rapidly moving animals.
Alternatively:
A banana peel, or a bunch of hay (dry hay), left in an ordinary jar of water, or some decaying lettuce leaves,
or a small growing weed from the garden, pluck it with some roots (and very little soil) and put in water
within a week or less you will see a diversity of fast swimmers. Observable with a 10-40X objective.
Ok, i have a garden, so i will play around with what i can use from there, i have one person who come to take care of the garden or wash my back[or front] yard, i will ask him to collect few weeds or leaves from the garden's floor and mix it with a tap water there into a jar or any glass container and leave it for several days and see, i hope this will guarantee me to have enough swimmers to be observed up to 40X, you are right, it will disappoint me more to use myself for samples and get nothing much there.

Thank you very much!

Hobbyst46

#14 Post by Hobbyst46 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm

TareqPhoto wrote:
Hobbyst46 wrote:Microscopical life forms from the environment are far more diverse and amazing that those that come from body fluid. Leave your body out of this game and save yourself unnecessary concerns about your health. Need not look into sewers, either.
Alternatively:
Ok, i have a garden, so i will play around with what i can use from there, i have one person who come to take care of the garden or wash my back[or front] yard, i will ask him to collect few weeds or leaves from the garden's floor and mix it with a tap water there into a jar or any glass container and leave it for several days and see, i hope this will guarantee me to have enough swimmers to be observed up to 40X, you are right, it will disappoint me more to use myself for samples and get nothing much there.

Thank you very much!
Good luck! BTW, I personally prepared the banana peel "cold stew" many times and it produces paramecia in quantities.

TareqPhoto

#15 Post by TareqPhoto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Hobbyst46 wrote:
TareqPhoto wrote:
Alternatively:

Thank you very much!
Good luck! BTW, I personally prepared the banana peel "cold stew" many times and it produces paramecia in quantities.
I think if i am not mistaken that the dirty juice or garbage thrown juice was actually of banana or mixed fruit with banana, and i saw too many moving live under the microscope almost in shape look like paramecium or kind of, so maybe i will do this idea too one day, i don't know if there is a section for that here but it will be nice to have one where members or even the admin can list many things we can do to prepare a microscopic life samples without moving around outside, let's say most like home maid samples if possible, this may help some beginners like me, sometimes we are here from my country aren't so smart or creative to think better way to get things or to make things done, it is likely we want things as fully prepared for us without moving much or working hard, that is why i bought 2 prepared samples/slides packages from online.