Initial introduction - new to this group

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
broadboonski

Initial introduction - new to this group

#1 Post by broadboonski » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Hello from West Melbourne Florida! I am an American Optical enthusiast and have been ever since I was first introduced to the A/O 1036 microscope as a medic at the USAF Hospital Patrick, Patrick AFB Florida. Currently have several of the 1036 models including the teaching scopes with the dual heads. I put several together for two of my sons and two of my nephews who are both teachers. Recently obtained an A/O Cycloptic microscope with a light source and finding it most useful for close examination of coins and insects. Probably will be asking some questions about objectives for both types of scopes because my knowledge of them is very small. I thank the moderator for adding me as a member of this most interesting forum.

Al Broadbent

PeteM

Re: Initial introduction - new to this group

#2 Post by PeteM » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 am

Welcome, Al.

There's possibly twice good news. First, is that there is a PS Neeley site covering AO, including objectives and more:

https://user.xmission.com/~psneeley/Per ... oscope.htm

Second, that an immensely knowledgeable AO enthusiast ("apochronaut") commonly shows up here.

American Optical microscopes are a terrific value. Glad to hear you're getting them into others' hands where they'll be used and appreciated.

KurtM

Re: Initial introduction - new to this group

#3 Post by KurtM » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:43 am

Another AO/Spencer enthusiast here saying welcome! Terrific value is right, alright; they make me proud of America.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas
email: ngc704(at)gmail(dot)com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67904872@ ... 912223623/