NEW: MIKRO Hamburg guest image corner in high resolution

Here you can post pictures and videos to show others.
MicroBob

NEW: MIKRO Hamburg guest image corner in high resolution

#1 Post by MicroBob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am

Hi together,

the MIKRO Hamburg has a guest image corner now where we have startet to present great micro photography in high resolution:
http://www.mikrohamburg.de/Gastbeitr%E4ge.htm

We have just started so there are just a couple of contributions presented up to now but we try to let this corner grow over time.
The idea was that there are so many great micro images that have been made with much experience and effort and that get lost on the internet or are only available in low resolution. So we try to make selected images available in high resolution for the enjoyment of the viewer.
If your great images are not yet included this doesn't mean we don't like them - I just haven't found the time to contact you.

My thanks to the contributers!

Bob

MichaelG.

Re: NEW: MIKRO Hamburg guest image corner in high resolution

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:00 am

An excellent initiative, Bob ... Thanks for the link.

MichaelG.

Edit: it's good to see Saul's 'landscape' there at high resolution.
Ref: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7732
Last edited by MichaelG. on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too many 'projects'

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:20 am

Nice idea. I am sure it will grow into a fine gallery.

Have you considered including additional details about each image such as the objective used and the illumination technique?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

MicroBob

#4 Post by MicroBob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:38 am

75RR wrote:Have you considered including additional details about each image such as the objective used and the illumination technique?
Hi Glen,
I will think about it. We have to see how far we can extend this corner as we have to see how much data traffic is created. For higher amounts of images we would have to improve the method of "nominating" and including new pictures and this could include such data. So far I just occasionally ask somebody for a picture - withou any sytem. We have to see how this develops, I like how it has started.

Sauls picture is a typical candidate: You would never find it again between many other crystal pictures - many of them nice, but only a few that special.
I always like to look at the pictures of others. I know that I wouldn't make them myself and enjoy to have the opportunity to enjoy them anyway.
They are often the result of a lot of work and it is more economic when they are available to a wide audience.

Bob

apochronaut

#5 Post by apochronaut » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Does the site have a particularly high resolution limit for submission?

MicroBob

#6 Post by MicroBob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi Phil,
we are still in the experiment stage with this. Our webmaster used to put the images on the website in quite small size, not really up to nowadays screen sizes. Then I had the idea to introduce a guest corner and with the great images came the wish of high resolution.
Our website is up for more than 20 years and the internet has changed unbelievably since then. Our group, in existence since 1911, has changed a lot in the last years with more and younger members, a broader choice of topics and more people presenting them. It is a lot of work to organize all this and the organisation of the meetings comes first. I will do something in november, but haven't yet decided what... :oops:

Bob

MicroBob

#7 Post by MicroBob » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi together,
a couple of my recent images can be seen in higher resolution (if possible) on our website now: http://www.mikrohamburg.de/Mikro_Lammert.html
No phase contrast involved here! 8-)

Bob

MichaelG.

#8 Post by MichaelG. » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Fabulous work

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'