Much Stuff For Sale - Everything Must Go!

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
carlh6902

Much Stuff For Sale - Everything Must Go!

#1 Post by carlh6902 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Over the past seven or eight years, I have been an avid microscopy hobbyist. My interests have been primarily focused on Olympus scopes, especially the BH-2 line. I have devoted a great deal of time to collecting (some would say hoarding) and learning to repair and restore these microscopes. This hobby has gradually grown into a full-blown obsession, requiring ever-increasing amounts of time, space, and money, and has now reached the point where it routinely interferes with my daily duties and obligations at home. My wife has been complaining for some time now that with all the time I spend in my little “Empire of Dirt” microscope repair shop in the basement, I have not been holding up my end of the household chore list (I’m the one who cooks dinner in our house). As a result of this, and after a great deal of soul searching, I have made some difficult decisions – something has to go. Accordingly, I have listed below a bunch of equipment that I need to sell off ASAP, to restore some sanity to my life. I would like to offer this equipment to the members of the microbehunter forum before putting it on eBay, but one way or another, it all must go. Please PM me with any offers for any of the following equipment. Photos available on request:

Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer with pasta attachments
Cuisinart food processor
Cuisinart blender
Complete (and sharp!) collection of chef knives
Stainless steel saucepans
Non-stick pans
Cast-iron skillets of various sizes and types
--- If you're in the Kansas City area and you need help with an Olympus BH-2 scope, PM me. I love to work on these things ---

PeteM

Re: Much Stuff For Sale - Everything Must Go!

#2 Post by PeteM » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:07 pm

How about the stove, Carl? Would free up a lot of space for BH2's. :-)

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:46 pm

:) :) :)
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Hobbyst46

#4 Post by Hobbyst46 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Carl, kitchen expertise can influence the expanded family (at best), whereas your contribution to Olympus microscope users is worldwide. How I wish there was such available knowledge base and support for other microscopes ? (well, Zeiss...)

apochronaut

#5 Post by apochronaut » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 am

Duh!!!!! have you considered the value of having a heated stage?

carlh6902

#6 Post by carlh6902 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:38 am

So now I'm seeing an egg, sunny side up, on the heated stage. It could work!

Carl
--- If you're in the Kansas City area and you need help with an Olympus BH-2 scope, PM me. I love to work on these things ---

carlh6902

#7 Post by carlh6902 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 am

PeteM,

Great idea. I could fit a dozen in the space of the stove, easily. It's outta' here...

Carl

einman

#8 Post by einman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:47 am

LOL. Love it!