Simple camera

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Giullio

Simple camera

#1 Post by Giullio » Sat May 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello, im a resident doctor at internal medicine, and currently passing through the hemathology rotation, we have a Axioskop 40 and I was wondering if we could adapt a microscope camera to a screen just to show to all the students at once the real time images. No need to take pictures, just to show video from microcoscopy. I was searching and found mc 80 Dx from Carl Zeiss to be and option. Is that a viable option? Are there any other "pieces" i should buy? From what I understand, the camera and a screen would be enough.

DonSchaeffer

Re: Simple camera

#2 Post by DonSchaeffer » Sat May 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Any eyepiece camera will connect to a computer using built-in camera software (or software from the camera manufacture). Then you can project it on the screen or display it on a monitor.

Hobbyst46

Re: Simple camera

#3 Post by Hobbyst46 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Forgive me if I am wrong, but (hard to believe), the Zeiss MC80 is a FILM camera. Not a digital camera. AS mentioned above, the solution is a digital camera tethered to a computer.
Since the Axio is infinity-corrected-optics microscope, getting good quality images from even an inexpensive eyepiece camera should be easy, at least as a start.