Nikon Microphot DIC components

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Parafly

Nikon Microphot DIC components

#1 Post by Parafly » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:14 pm

I am in search of the DIC analyzer and condenser for the Nikon Microphot SA. Please message me if you have anything. Thanks!

PeteM

Re: Nikon Microphot DIC components

#2 Post by PeteM » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Can you provide photos of what you're looking for - might help you find a match?

Parafly

#3 Post by Parafly » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Photo removed.
Last edited by Parafly on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeteM

#4 Post by PeteM » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Parafly, what you've shown is, I believe, the DIC setup for the Optiphot 2. It uses a round dovetail attachment to the stand and has the top prism slider come in at an angle. I don't know if the Microphot SA version used the same components and same (at an angle) top sliding prism orientation. Could be it goes left to right.

For some Microphot models, there are at least two different models differing in prism orientation, with the attachment more like this: https://spwindustrial.com/nikon-microph ... 5jEALw_wcB The sliders will interchange from Optiphot, must be of the proper prism orientation.

So, best to double check how regular nosepieces and the upper prism piece would attach to your scope. Could be the Optiphot 1 or 2 type will work - if it uses a round dovetail rather than a sort of rectangular wedge? Others intermediate pieces (to hold the slider) will slide in -- with or without an optional epi illuminator.

I believe there was briefly a somewhat different condenser available for at least some Microphot models (matched to a nosepiece with individual prisms); but the original Optiphot or Optiphot A type you've shown (with the prisms of the proper generation and orientation to match the top slider) should work.

abednego1995

#5 Post by abednego1995 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 am

Umm, that DIC system photo actually belongs to me. I've granted use for a person who I won't name here, but I haven't given up copyrights for it.

Cheers,
John

PeteM

#6 Post by PeteM » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 am

John, I've been thinking you're the center of the Nikon universe ever since you helped me sort some things out a year or two ago (much appreciated). Pretty sure this confirms it -- and the new poster should remove it if you wish.

Any idea if it fits the Microphot SA?? Pretty sure not something like the Microphot FXA.

abednego1995

#7 Post by abednego1995 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, Pete's comments already nails most of what is needed to be said.

No, that kit won't fit the Microphot SA. The nosepiece holding the upper prism and analyzer will only fit the Optiphot-2 and some very late original Optiphots.
However, the prisms and condenser are common components for the Microphot (SA and FXA). So if you already own a Optiphot DIC kit with the prisms at a NW-SE orientation, just sourcing the appropriate
nosepiece or the Epi-Fluorescence attachment (which has the upper prism accomodating slot in it) will get you DIC on a Microphot SA.