Dovetail Condenser Adapter for Olympus BH2

Here you can discuss different microscopic techniques and illumination methods, such as Brightfield, Darkfield, Phase Contrast, DIC, Oblique illumination, etc.
MicroMan2

Dovetail Condenser Adapter for Olympus BH2

#1 Post by MicroMan2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:23 am

I have just recently acquired an Olympus BHT-BH2 Microscope but the lack of a filter holder has really irked me. Making a styrofoam base that elevates filters is still not satisfactory in my eyes. I am unable to perform Rheinberg Illumation or higher darkfield from the 10x to 20x S Plan Objectives. The only condenser accessible to me is the BH2-SC Swing Out condenser. This forum : viewtopic.php?t=619 stated the possibility to adapt other condensers below my microscope's dovetail mount. Unfortunately, the adapter that makes this possible is not found easily. Does anybody know a source where I can find a BH2 condenser dovetail mount? Thanks for replying, sincerely Microman2.

MicroMan2

Re: Dovetail Condenser Adapter for Olympus BH2

#3 Post by MicroMan2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:23 pm

The particular seller stated that these attachments only work for the BH2 Aplanatic and Abbe condenser, unless the internal shape of the condenser is the same with the Swing out condenser.

MicroMan2

#4 Post by MicroMan2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:22 am

The main thing that I am trying to look for is a dovetail mount that when attached can turn a circular mounted condenser into a compatible dovetail. The particular example I am looking for is seen in gekko's post where he modifies a condenser to fit into the mount.

MicroMan2

#5 Post by MicroMan2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Update:

I have made a circular condenser adapter that fits 37mm condensers. This dovetail attachment allows me to use an Abbe condenser and mount it under my BH2. The only caveat is that a temporary disassembly of the stage as well as nosepiece is required to allow for attachment. Despite its somewhat inconvenient preparation, the ability to reuse my older filter set more than makes up for it. Image

MicroMan2

#6 Post by MicroMan2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:04 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155631684 ... ted-public

Attached here is an image link to the adapter