Altami studio price anyone?

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
Gasman

Altami studio price anyone?

#1 Post by Gasman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi guys
I`ve been using using Altami studio after someone on here recommended it for my little 5 meg usb camera and it really works a treat. The demo version only allows 15 mins of use before closing down and then it needs reopening. I`ve tried emailing the Altami guys asking how much the software is to buy but no replies and no pricing on their web site which seems a bit odd anyone any ideas how much it is please?. I can use it fine in 15 min intervals but would like to offer something towards its development at least!
Thanks
Steve

Roldorf

Re: Altami studio price anyone?

#2 Post by Roldorf » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Use toupview instead, its free.

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage

Gasman

#3 Post by Gasman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Yes I have Toupview and that also works fine but I find the image just that bit clearer and steadier in Altami !. Not sure if it's a driver thing or not. Not a great deal of difference between the two but if it was a silly price for Altami I'd happily carry on with Toupview.
Steve

MicroBob

#4 Post by MicroBob » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi Steve,
there was no one recommending Altami studio in this forum, but user amanda1 tried to do some product placement here for a while: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5656&p=50989&hilit=altami#p50989
I wouldn't use a software that is advertised like this, if it were for safety reasons alone. It probably is of russian origin and I wasn't able to find any dependable information on it.

Bob

Gasman

#5 Post by Gasman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Ah right Bob thanks that name Amanda 1 does ring a bell now you mention it. Thought she(he?) was a regular.
Steve

Roldorf

#6 Post by Roldorf » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 am

It could be that they no longer exist. The only information I could find about the companies using the software is all Russian based and Altami's website has not been updated for at least one year.

ImageImage

MicroBob

#7 Post by MicroBob » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 am

Gasman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:57 pm
she(he?) was a regular.
regularly promoting this product, nothing else.

I wouldn't be astonished it this were some kind of spy software...

MichaelG.

#8 Post by MichaelG. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:39 am

This page mentions purchase and refers to Altami Ltd : http://altamisoft.com/purchase/

This one includes a link to Altami Ltd : http://altamisoft.com/

... which takes you here : http://altami.ru/

All looks respectable, but you will need translation skills to get much further
... click at lower left, on that page, for Altami Studio

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

Gasman

#9 Post by Gasman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Much easier to stick with Toupview methinks 😉. Shame as it wasn't too bad software! I'll watch for any dodgy emails coming now!
Steve

Roldorf

#10 Post by Roldorf » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 am

I have checked all the pages written in Russian and there is no mention of a price for the software, just contact emails if you want more information. (Use google translate does a pretty good job).

ImageImage

asaenko

#11 Post by asaenko » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Gasman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 pm
Hi guys
I`ve been using using Altami studio after someone on here recommended it for my little 5 meg usb camera and it really works a treat. The demo version only allows 15 mins of use before closing down and then it needs reopening. I`ve tried emailing the Altami guys asking how much the software is to buy but no replies and no pricing on their web site which seems a bit odd anyone any ideas how much it is please?. I can use it fine in 15 min intervals but would like to offer something towards its development at least!
Thanks
Steve
Hello!
I'm head software engineer from Altami, let me answer your question. Nice to hear that you use our software.
Full price for software is 158USD. We sell software via dedicated site - https://alelso.com/download-software-altami.
As another option we can offer free license if you would like participate in beta-testing of new version of software (just notify us if you found some bugs or ideas on feature improvement). If it's seems acceptable for you, please contact me via email asaenko@altami.ru and i will send license for you.
Our latest version of software is available on ftp mirror (ftp://download.altamisoft.ru/beta/artifacts/win/64/AS/), in latest version we have large perfomance update for our extended depth of field and panorama image algorithms.
About amanda1 user, her messages look a little strange, as we not support PointGrey on MacOS, as she tell :? .
I will be glad to answer your any further questions.
Andrey Saenko - Altami Software Team

Gasman

#12 Post by Gasman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Thanks Andrey pm sent!
Steve