|Start Here:||NEW! Beginner's Guide to Microscopy
Download Magazines | Watch Videos | Visit Forum | View Categories
- Forum 1,263,030 views
- Electron Microscopes vs. Optical (Light) microscopes 191,461 views
- The hemocytometer (counting chamber) 129,742 views
- Different types of microscopes 129,283 views
- Parts of a Compound Microscope 93,531 views
- Connecting a camera to a microscope 86,072 views
- Making a wet mount microscope slide 79,289 views
Free Download | All issues | Paper issue|
The June 2014 issue of MicrobeHunter Microscopy Magazine is now available for download.
Posts that relate to the Keyword: hemocytometer
MicrobeHunter Magazine (April 2011)
Welcome to the fourth (April 2011) issue of MicrobeHunter magazine. You can download the PDF and order a printed version.
Using a Hemocytometer to Calculate Cell Size
I already illustrated how to calculate cell size (). The method required you to take a picture of a ruler and then use this as a reference for cell size calculation. This system had several disadvantages: first, it only works for low magnifications (you have to be able to see 1mm of the ruler on […]
The hemocytometer (counting chamber)
The hemocytometer (or haemocytometer or counting chamber) is a specimen slide which is used to determine the concentration of cells in a liquid sample. It is frequently used to determine the concentration of blood cells (hence the name “hemo-”) but also the concentration of sperm cells in a sample.