|Start Here:||NEW! Beginner's Guide to Microscopy
Download Magazines | Watch Videos | Visit Forum | View Categories
- Forum 1,263,112 views
- Electron Microscopes vs. Optical (Light) microscopes 191,570 views
- The hemocytometer (counting chamber) 129,908 views
- Different types of microscopes 129,473 views
- Parts of a Compound Microscope 93,593 views
- Connecting a camera to a microscope 86,163 views
- Making a wet mount microscope slide 79,332 views
Free Download | All issues | Paper issue|
The June 2014 issue of MicrobeHunter Microscopy Magazine is now available for download.
Posts that relate to the Keyword: iodine
Stains and reagents for microscopy
I found an article in Popular Science Magazine (see link below) which gives a general overview of different stains that can be used in microscopy. The article divides the stains into three categories: Common household chemicals: this includes Iodine, for example. They are very readily available. Substances used mostly for microscopy: Methylene blue, Hematoxyline, and […]
Observing Potato Starch Grains
Potato starch grains are an ideal for observation in polarized light and in dark-field. Sample preparation is simple and straight-forward.