The video shows the crystallization of Vitamin C (dissolved in water) in time lapse, under crossed polarizing filters.
Some technical information:
- The frames in the video were taken with a time interval of 2 sec.
- The colors were not adjusted at all. No contrast enhancement, no levels were corrected, no white balance.
- The pictures were taken with a digital SLR camera at low magnification (4x objective and 2.5x photo projection ocular).
- The original 3:2 aspect ratio image was cropped to 16:9. Software used: PHATCH
- Exposure time: 0.5 sec or 1 sec. The relatively long exposure time was used to compensate for vibrations (this allowed the vibrations to swing out).