Repurposing various optics and accessories

This is the place where collectors can discuss their passion.
qanunji

Repurposing various optics and accessories

#1 Post by qanunji » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi,
I got a chance to pick up those items for a song, thinking that they will serve me somehow in the future-
My current setup is a BHS, with phase condenser, and BH2-CA.
Any ideas how to repurpose those items for my setup?
I'd rather use them then sell them.
Thank you
IMG_20210428_192650_tigr_23.jpg
IMG_20210428_192650_tigr_23.jpg (145.85 KiB) Viewed 3377 times

Scarodactyl

Re: Repurposing various optics and accessories

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:43 pm

The zeiss intermediate accessories might fit on your stand--I haven't heard of anyone doing that but they have a ~42mm dovetail iirc?
The Leitz photo eyepiece there is a very handy accessory for Leitz scopes and might be sufficiently compatible with your Olympus objectives since Leitz sort of sits in the middle of the major brands correction-wise. Still, probably better to sell it to a Leitz user and buy the exact hardware for your scope.
The nikon condensers should just fit on your stand without modification iirc (or is it olympus ones that fit on nikons without mods?)

qanunji

#3 Post by qanunji » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Scarodactyl wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:43 pm
The zeiss intermediate accessories might fit on your stand--I haven't heard of anyone doing that but they have a ~42mm dovetail iirc?
The Leitz photo eyepiece there is a very handy accessory for Leitz scopes and might be sufficiently compatible with your Olympus objectives since Leitz sort of sits in the middle of the major brands correction-wise. Still, probably better to sell it to a Leitz user and buy the exact hardware for your scope.
The nikon condensers should just fit on your stand without modification iirc (or is it olympus ones that fit on nikons without mods?)
Thank you, I know what they are designed for, but I was thinking about turning them to something else.
for example, does one of the Zeiss items contains a good telan lens that I can use to convert to infinity?
I already have a phase condenser, and an aplanatic-achromatic, but maybe one of those condensers can be modified to something else?
thanks

carlh6902

#4 Post by carlh6902 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:31 am

I know this is an old post, but that Nikon swingout condenser should mount onto the bhs just fine.

Carl
--- If you're in the Kansas City area and you need help with an Olympus BH-2 scope, PM me. I love to work on these things ---