LCTF filters

Here you can discuss DIY adaptations to the microscope.
Plasmid

LCTF filters

#1 Post by Plasmid » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Liquid crystal tunable filters... Has anyone played with one or has rigged one up for transmission or reflected light source? I see Thor labs has a few of them (astronomically expensive) so I've been thinking of using one if those ( stress/mood filters sheets ) as one , fully aware that the filter will change depending on temperature / output from the light source. Any input is welcomed .
Adrian.

redash

Re: LCTF filters

#2 Post by redash » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:27 am

I have a spot slider monochrome camera which having one of these filters. The spot imaging program will change its color accordingly to get a rgb image and combine everything. I found one in eBay for cheap price with software.

BramHuntingNematodes

Re: LCTF filters

#3 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:35 am

Plasmid wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:18 pm
Liquid crystal tunable filters... Has anyone played with one or has rigged one up for transmission or reflected light source? I see Thor labs has a few of them (astronomically expensive) so I've been thinking of using one if those ( stress/mood filters sheets ) as one , fully aware that the filter will change depending on temperature / output from the light source. Any input is welcomed .
Adrian.
hmm what are you going to use it for?
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination