Help to identify something in two videos

Have problems identifying an organism? Ask for help here.
MilkaPt

Help to identify something in two videos

#1 Post by MilkaPt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello, I am new in this forum and I am looking for some guindance, I have been "sick" over 2 years without any breakthrought about my condition, the only event the happen prior to this state was a really big scratch by a wild cat.
I have 2 videos that would like to have some insight.

--> The first video is a white blood cell with some fast activity, I would like to know if it is normal or if it has some kind of intracelular organism in it, since i see some "sand" like artefacts moving outsite, sorry for the poor focus but it gets better at 0.38 :

https://youtu.be/ll31YaVrwaI

--> The second video is a little more bizarre since no doctor knows what it is ( a pcr for filaria was negative) :
https://youtu.be/rEywunA3vxs

Both videos were taken from blood finger. Sorry for my poor english, I am not a native.

Thanks in advance

75RR

Re: Help to identify something in two videos

#2 Post by 75RR » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:46 pm

If you are ill go and see a doctor. Self diagnosis, especially by unknown third parties, is not the way.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

MilkaPt

#3 Post by MilkaPt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:10 pm

75RR wrote:If you are ill go and see a doctor. Self diagnosis, especially by unknown third parties, is not the way.
I have been to many doctors, I hope you will never need to discover that the medic comunity is not that competent, and rely on guessing when the blood work is not black and white.

I just need some insight on the videos please.

zzffnn

#4 Post by zzffnn » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:34 pm

Welcome to the forum, CmchPt. Sorry to hear about your condition.

You should see a pathologist specialized in hematology. I work in health care and can tell you that it is not unusual for a family practice doctor to not know what those are. It is not that they are not competent at their specialty, it is just that your questions are not their specialty (they probably read it in textbooks years bacl at school but have never seen anything like that in person).

I personally would trust a doctor's opinion more than anyone here. I have seen quite a few new forum members trying to self-diagnose their own blood, but I don't remember any who declared success or anything definitive.

That said, I am guessing (without any certainty):

Video #1 seems to show basophils and their intracellular (moving) granules. They could be found in healthy blood.

Do you think this video looks similar to yours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHwbhqmEyA

Video #2 could be a fiber that came from outside of blood. Say from house dust, tissue paper or T shirt.

billbillt

#5 Post by billbillt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:21 pm

I completely agree with ZZ... You need to see a qualified Hematologist about this.. Also, Video #2 looks to me to be a piece of lint, as noted..

BillT

Crater Eddie

#6 Post by Crater Eddie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum.
I agree that the mystery object in video #2 looks like an artifact, that is some unidentified piece of contamination that found its way into the blood sample by accident.
You should not try to diagnose by a quick look at a wet blood sample and comparing to photos or videos found online. It takes someone specially trained to know what they are looking at, and a properly prepared sample.
CE
Olympus BH-2 / BHTU
LOMO BIOLAM L-2-2
LOMO POLAM L-213 / BIOLAM L-211 hybrid
LOMO Multiscope (Biolam)
Cameras: Canon T3i, Olympus E-P1 MFT, Amscope 3mp USB

Dale

#7 Post by Dale » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:36 pm

I got a cat scratch on top of my hand, in a week it was red, round, and itching like crazy.
In another week, l procrastinate, it was bigger, so I went to the doctor. He immediately
walked me to and right into the ed to begin anti-biotic infusion. No pills, straight
iv. I had cat scratch fever, it's real, and can be fatal.
Have we ever heard back from those other forum members who wanted medical
opinions?
Good luck, and Godspeed getting well.
Dale
B&L Stereozoom 4. Nikon E600. AO Biostar 1820.

billbillt

#8 Post by billbillt » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

Maybe you can explain something to me.. What if someone here says they see something in your blood??.. What happens next??.. Do you take this opinion and go back to the Drs. you have all ready been to??.. This mysterious blood video thing shows up here several times a year.. I was just curious what happens in these strange blood cases..

Regards

BillT

MilkaPt

#9 Post by MilkaPt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 am

Hi again, Thank you all for the responses

I forgot to say that the only thing that was found was helicobacter pilory (breath test), have done the treatment, but curiously prior to the antibiotic triple therapy I founded strange organisms in my blood that some doctors found bizarre and others didnt believe that was possible to have it whitout sepsis (but I always had a poor imunity since I was a child).
The point is that dont know what to believe because they seem to need a fluid to survive (they only reveal after a solution of water and salt ( a known technique that a learned on the internet from a microbiologist about lyme).
Please take a look :

-->A spirochet like organism in left moving vigorously, with hundreds death around ( I dont think that they were free but resulted out of a disintegrated white cell) :
https://youtu.be/OL8uwph5KOU

-->Moving organisms at different speeds :
https://youtu.be/MgHQ05rwZpE

-->The last one is the one that makes me doubt of the contamination since the organism is big 10microns ? and is moving inside the cell ? :
(one second 0:14 it seems like a bacteria division or reproduction? because of the "fork")
https://youtu.be/4ftwnSvwbpI

ps : I already done a lot of tests, including borrelia burgdorferi which came back borderline but with negative PCR and western blood. Also was tested for shifilis and leptospirose.

Thank you in advance and sorry for being so stubborn but in my country the medical support is very passive if you are not dying but just debilitated.

zzffnn

#10 Post by zzffnn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 pm

^ Those 3 videos do NOT look normal, if that was from blood sample (and not contamination).

Western blot only detects active infection (pathogen proliferation) and requires a large amount of pathogen antigen (not sensitive).

PCR is sensitive (as it detects amplified DNA) and can detect dormant pathogens. If the right type of probes were used properly and there were enough pathogens in the sample, PCR should detect it. But it is hard to say whether or not those "if" conditions were satisfied with your test.

Culture test is difficult to do right and can fail by giving false positive or false negative, especially with difficult to culture pathogens.

What exact test was that "borrelia burgdorferi which came back borderline" called?

I am guessing here. You really need to see an infectious disease doctor and a pathologist.

MilkaPt

#11 Post by MilkaPt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 am

zzffnn wrote:^ Those 3 videos do NOT look normal, if that was from blood sample (and not contamination).

Western blot only detects active infection (pathogen proliferation) and requires a large amount of pathogen antigen (not sensitive).

PCR is sensitive (as it detects amplified DNA) and can detect dormant pathogens. If the right type of probes were used properly and there were enough pathogens in the sample, PCR should detect it. But it is hard to say whether or not those "if" conditions were satisfied with your test.

Culture test is difficult to do right and can fail by giving false positive or false negative, especially with difficult to culture pathogens.

What exact test was that "borrelia burgdorferi which came back borderline" called?

I am guessing here. You really need to see an infectious disease doctor and a pathologist.

Thank you for your opinion,
The test that I done was Elisa, Western Blood and PCR, the borderline was for the WB.

The problem is that I do not seem to find any doctor ( I have been to 2 infectious disease doctors) that can believe that I could have something like this whitout some worse symptoms, I do not fell fine, I at this point, I am sure that I have some Borrelia like organism in my blood , my last video ( 2fps camera ) but you can see the spirochet moving :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZcuPWoLrVw

This is so frustrating, I am having fatigue, depression and random tremors/tingling/spasm sensation throught the body, which make me thing that is already something neurologic. I will never see doctors with the same eyes again.