Axioskop bulb

Here you can discuss all microscopy-related accessories and equipment (microtomes, filters...)
sigitask

Axioskop bulb

#1 Post by sigitask » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:39 am

May have advice where to buy 100w bulb for Zeiss Axioskop ?

Wes

Re: Axioskop bulb

#2 Post by Wes » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:01 pm

You need a GY6.35 socket bulb for the rated wattage at 12V

Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

sigitask

#3 Post by sigitask » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:02 pm

Thank you very much!

Matador

#4 Post by Matador » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:15 pm

BTW, I heard if you put a 100W bulb in the Zeiss Axioskop, you risk burning it's power supply. The Light housing is made to support up to 100W, but the Axioskops power supply only supports 50W (I believe there is a 50W labelling in the back of the skop). Some of the "Fluorescence-equipped" Zeiss Axioskops also have a 100W mercury light housing (which uses a dedicated seperate external power supply, not the 50W internal powersupply, which would most probably burn). For fluorescence I think there are also som 50W Mercury light housing.

You can probably find some good Osram 50W hal bulb, but I'm not sure wich model number that bulb would be.

I run my Axioskop 50 at "5 to 6" setting on the light intensity knob (and sometimes raising it to 12 when I do short polarisation tasks) and I must have at least 2000 hours on it. Still my bulb works, but I might have to figure out a good replacement bulb model number soon.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzwZa6u0loU

BTW: Always turn the light intensity knob to the minimum before you turn off your skop. That way, the next time you turn it on, if there is an electrical power surge, you minimise the chance of burning the bulb prematurely. When the light is back on, then and only then increase light intensity to your liking.

Matador