Youtube channels on microscopy?

Here you can suggest and discuss Websites, books, and other resource materials.
karhukainen

Youtube channels on microscopy?

#1 Post by karhukainen » Sat May 09, 2020 11:53 am

Are there any good Youtube channels on microscopy? I don't mean entry level guides or short clips but in-depth and overall quality content from people who really know what they are doing. I'm looking for something similar to EEVblog (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DjFE ... ZqWBigcVOQ) but with microscopy topics. The few I've found are boring, uninformative and poorly edited, and I just can't believe there's no one posting better videos :D
Nikon Labophot

daruosha

Re: Youtube channels on microscopy?

#2 Post by daruosha » Sat May 09, 2020 12:54 pm

I suggest the following thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8771

In the microscopy world, something like EEVBlog or TheSignalPath is very very rare and I didn't find a proper/professional microscopy video blog. The best channel I came across is iBiology Techniques.
Daruosh.

karhukainen

#3 Post by karhukainen » Sat May 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks! I've watched the iBiology videos and they are pretty much the only good content I've found. I checked the other thread but it doesn't really have anything that interesting. I guess someone on here should start a video channel...
Nikon Labophot

stitchy.mitch

#4 Post by stitchy.mitch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 pm

I've recently started a channel where I will be making videos 5-20 minutes in length about different topics using DIC microscopy primarily. My channel will have some attempt to be entertaining, but the main focus will be on the quality and depth of the information produced for the viewer. It can be found

Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4c2g ... ENzVWAKwIQ

Element 56

#5 Post by Element 56 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:24 am

I searched a good bit but I mostly found lectures on fluorescent microscopy. Some were okay but most boring. My attention span greatly depends on who is doing the presentation.

I like listening to audiobooks and some lectures while I work so I would be very interested in seeing some good videos too. I can get into almost anything if it's well presented. The longer the better!

Kirby

Element 56

#6 Post by Element 56 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 pm

karhukainen wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:53 am
Are there any good Youtube channels on microscopy? I don't mean entry level guides or short clips but in-depth and overall quality content from people who really know what they are doing. I'm looking for something similar to EEVblog (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DjFE ... ZqWBigcVOQ) but with microscopy topics. The few I've found are boring, uninformative and poorly edited, and I just can't believe there's no one posting better videos :D
If not already a member you may consider joining the Quekett Microscopical Club. In the members only section there's a growing list of video's dating back to as far as 1980 however the bulk are from 2000 on. I have yet to attend but since the COVID outbreak they have been doing gossip meeting on zoom and those are among the videos. Many other benefits to joining!

Happy microscoping!

Kirby