For Free in DFW: Various American Optical Microscopes

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
farnsy

For Free in DFW: Various American Optical Microscopes

#1 Post by farnsy » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:30 am

I am getting out of the American Optical game. Just keeping my two favorite microscopes and getting rid of all miscellaneous equipment. The rest I want to give away to someone else. You could put a couple of pretty good scopes together from the parts here, or you could use them to outfit your existing equipment or sell on ebay or whatever. Local pick up only and all-or-nothing.

Here we have a total of 7 microscope bodies. Each of those film containers has an objective in it. There are some eyepieces, binocular and trinocular heads, a bertrand lens. In varying states of functionality.

I have a cycloptic in good condition and a 110 with all my best stuff, including a polarizer ring and trinocular head. If anyone wants those, they are available, but not free (they are also not pictured here).

== UPDATE ==

Found a good home for all this stuff, so it's gone. Thanks for your interest!
Last edited by farnsy on Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzffnn

Re: For Free in DFW: Various American Optical Microscopes

#2 Post by zzffnn » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:20 am

Hello Grant,

I am the microscopist who helped you in your “Frankenscope” thread and I live in Houston.

I don’t think I can take it all or drive to DFW. But if you don’t mind kindly shipping some small parts on my money to me, I can guarantee you that I will build and give away 1-2 nice scopes for 1-2 neighborhood kid(s) near me (I already have some extra frame parts). I and my two sons (8yo and 12yo) can use those eyepieces and objectives too; we love doing microscopy at home.

You can simply use a post office Large Priority Box (that any post office provides on-site for free), or any big cardboard box that you have at hand, to ship those parts to me. I can provide you a universally applicable prepaid USPS shipping label, that way you can drop off the box at post office without waiting in line. Any box will work, as long as total weight is less than 70 lbs (my wish list below should weight less than 60 lbs in total).

I promise to give away or use all those parts and not will not sell them for profit.

If that works for you, please message me your PayPal address and email (to get my prepaid shipping label or shipping / gas / time compensation).

What I would like are:

1) all objectives, eyepieces and infinity condensers, or whichever optics you or the person before me do not want;

2) the two phase turret condensers;

3) the Bertrand lens attachment for series 10;

4) a good binocular infinity Series 10 head;

5) the series 4 trinocular head.

6) the series 4 stage (it unscrews off with one screw);

7) if you can fit them in your box: one good series 10 stand as a first choice, then one good series 4 stand as a second choice. Don’t worry about it, if they don’t fit your box.

Thank you in advance.

It would be nice if I can get 1) - 4), which I know we can use for sure.

farnsy

#3 Post by farnsy » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:13 pm

zzffnn, I will shoot you a pm.

GerryR

#4 Post by GerryR » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:43 am

Would you happen to have a 1031 illuminator in your inventory of parts. I would be interested if you do. Thank you.

farnsy

#5 Post by farnsy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:10 pm

Update: Found a good home for all this stuff, so it's gone. Thanks for your interest, everyone!