WTB - Plan objectives for Alphaphot

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
fero

WTB - Plan objectives for Alphaphot

#1 Post by fero » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi all, I have older Nikon alphaphot microscope (160 mm RMS) with simple E achromat objectives,
I would like to replace them with higher quality plan objectives - 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x
I hope/expect to get much better results
thank you for offers,
Fero

Scarodactyl

Re: WTB - Plan objectives for Alphaphot

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Just so you know any Nikon finite cf/cfn objective with rms threads (so not the bd plans without an adapter) is compatible with the alphaphot.
This should improve your results, though the Nikon e objectives are surprisingly good for an economical objective.

PeteM

#3 Post by PeteM » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:38 am

You might also want to inspect the objectives you have for scratches, cleanliness, etc. Ones that did duty in educational use often have problems ranging from dried immersion oil to a haze of scratches from careless cleaning or use. You can pull out an eyepiece, reverse it, and use it as a magnifier to check condition of the end lens.

In good condition, Nikon's Plan Achromats have a reasonably wide and flat field - a real upgrade over Achromats. But at the center, your E Achromats should, as said Scarodactyl, be decent. The better Chinese plan achromat objectives are also roughly comparable to the Nikon E Plan Achromats if you want to buy new.

Seta

#4 Post by Seta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:27 pm

You have a PM

fero

#5 Post by fero » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:11 pm

@seta - no PM in my mailbox

fero

#6 Post by fero » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi, the Alphaphot is nearly new, it was full of dust but I managed to clean it quite well, it even has projection lens and it is tronocular version and phase contrast ring so the 40x lenns is for the phase contrast so not good for brigthfield and darkfield (as I understood). Mainly I am looking for 40x. the 4x objective is wuite good, this is a photo I made - a trap of carnivorous Utricularia humboldtii Bladerwort
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-1 copy.jpg (101.71 KiB) Viewed 4033 times

pippo1234

#7 Post by pippo1234 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:23 am

PeteM wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:38 am
The better Chinese plan achromat objectives are also roughly comparable to the Nikon E Plan Achromats if you want to buy new.
Do you have an ebay link for "better" Chinese ones?

I am looking for a 10x plan for a labophot.

TIA

PeteM

#8 Post by PeteM » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm

There are so many sellers and prices varying at times that I'd suggest you do a current Ebay search. If you currently have the Nikon E Plan with a black paint finish there is a Chinese plan achromat with a similar look available from AmScope, Ken-A-Vision, and various other sellers.

If you have bright finish objectives, chrome finish plan achromats that are also available. I routinely buy a 4x version to fill out sets - they perform OK - like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-Plan-Achrom ... ondition=3

And this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-195-Plan-Ac ... ondition=3

fero

#9 Post by fero » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 pm

thanks a lot, will have to try one of these cherap objectives, but what I want is better quality/higher level than my black E versions of Nikon objectives

charlie g

#10 Post by charlie g » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi, ferro..I have Nikon plan objectives you may still want..and low cost. Are you 'con'US'? Send me a PM if you'd like.

Hi pippo..send me a PM if your still looking for Nikon plan objectives. Are you con'US?

Hope summer'22 goes well for all, charlie g

fero

#11 Post by fero » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:21 am

Hi Charlie,
in themeantime I have actually converted to Olympus BH2 with a set of Plan APOs so no longer looing for Nikon objectives. I will comment the header,
thank you anywy and nice rest of summer,
Fero