Zeiss Abbe Microspectroscopic Eye-Piece and lots of stuff

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
collectingfool

Zeiss Abbe Microspectroscopic Eye-Piece and lots of stuff

#1 Post by collectingfool » Fri May 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Good morning. Discovered your forum while doing research on a piece I found. I'm a compulsive collector and once I get one of a category, if I like it, I go a bit nutty. It's happened to me with so many things (phones, clocks, artwork, too much to mention). I'm constantly on the lookout for stuff and recently I found what turned out to be a Carl Zeiss / Ernst Abbe microspectroscope complete with its case and a plethora of other items. I bought it because I knew the Zeiss name from camera lenses but didn't even have a microscope to put it on. Picked up a cheap, chrome (Russian I think) microscope just to play around with it and after doing some research found out how "special" this thing was. Of course because I'm a compulsive collector I had to look at brass microscopes and started going down the rabbit hole until I said... NO. I have to stop. I simply don't have the room or money to start a collection of antique microscope equipment on top of everything else. I don't work in any field related to microscopes and I don't have any attachment other than just being attracted to interesting things so I have to let it go before it drags me into yet another hobby. From what I can tell it's a fairly uncommon piece so I thought maybe you folks here would be interested in it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400923476353

I put as much information as I could find on it but if anyone finds errors in my details please let me know. I saw one of these go for about $1,000 on eBay in Europe so I started this really low (below my cost actually) and hopefully someone will find it that can really appreciate it. Also have a bunch microscope related items that came with this lot but were separate and I have those up as well. Some good Zeiss and Leitz pieces but the ones that were most interesting to me were the "Maltwood's Finder" slide and the "W. Wales - NY" brass piece in the box with the script signature. If you'd like to see that stuff you can look here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Microscopes-Lab ... ctingfool*

Started it all cheap so hopefully this finds a good home. Thanks for looking.

Ruben

AllMicroscope.com

Re: Zeiss Abbe Microspectroscopic Eye-Piece and lots of stuff

#2 Post by AllMicroscope.com » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Old but Gold! ;) But wait.. can you prove that this is original?
:arrow: Microscope Books Library - it is updated daily with new microscopy books, Manuals, instructions and more. I hope you find this useful.