Wanted: Nomarski Intermediate Tube

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
morgan1972

Wanted: Nomarski Intermediate Tube

#1 Post by morgan1972 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Looking for a used olympus NIC intermediate tube. This would be for a BHS unit with NIC/Phase contrast condenser.

microb

Re: Wanted: Nomarski Intermediate Tube

#2 Post by microb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 am

I got this from a BHM. But could it work for transmission too?

I thought you have to have the objective DIC prisms for transmission.
Attachments
IMG_5526_cropped_1K.jpg
IMG_5526_cropped_1K.jpg (163.76 KiB) Viewed 2079 times

PeteM

#3 Post by PeteM » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:23 am

As Microb says, you need an upper prism with a polarizer above it. For the BHS it is a single adjustable slider, much as Nikon used in its Optiphot 1 & 2, the early Zeiss, and the Reichert systems. As you may know, the Olympus prism slides into a thick slot in the 1.25x intermediate tube. There's a lens in the intermediate adapter it slips into to keep the finite objectives in focus as well.

If you already have the prism assembly -- and just need the intermediate piece -- then you can use the 1.25x intermediate piece from a BH2 polarization setup - maybe $200 and a bit more if it comes with the polarizer.

If you don't have the prism, probably best to start saving, start looking, and hope one eventually shows up at a reasonable price. Perhaps someone here will have one.

drDICOM

#4 Post by drDICOM » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Do any of you know what the Olympus part number or catalog designation is for the BH2-BHS transmitted light DIC system slider that goes into the intermediate tube? I can’t seem to find what the Olympus designation for that slider is.

Thanks to anyone who knows or can point me to one of those BH2-BHS brochures that calls out the part designations on an “exploded view” diagram.

Steve Horii

Seta

#5 Post by Seta » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:47 am

Maybe you can find that info here, best source for Olympus brochures and manuals
http://www.alanwood.net/olympus/downloads.html