Brunel SP100 Trinocular Microscope with Plan Objectives (SOLD)

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Dave S

Brunel SP100 Trinocular Microscope with Plan Objectives (SOLD)

#1 Post by Dave S » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Selling my Brunel SP100 Trinocular microscope, with five Plan Objectives
Hardly used, and as new. Bought on a whim, only to find that microscopy isn't for me, and am sticking with my main (lifelong) hobby of photography.
Four position objective turret with a precise internal indexing mechanism. Parfocal DIN standard plan objectives x4, x10, x40, x100 (oil), matched with extremely widefield plan x10 eyepieces.The microscope head is rotatable through 360 degrees and has full dioptric and interocular adjustment. The trinocular head allows a fixed light share between the trinocular tube and the binocular eyetubes.
The large mechanical stage measures 135 x 125mm with a movement range of 75 x 35mm, and has drop down coaxial controls and double vernier scales. The substage condenser (N.A. 1.25) has a full rack and pinion control mechanism, centering adjusters and an iris diaphragm and filter carrier with daylight filter. The low position coaxial coarse and fine focus system in includes a tension adjustment and variable safety stop. The safety stop can also be used as a prefocus device as it does not effect the fine focus movement. The Kohler Illumination is by a particularly effective LED system which provides enhanced brightness with no heat gain.
Additional x60 Plan Objective included, plus a set of Darkfield Filters.
Bought new direct from Brunel. Current price £680 inc v.a.t.
Selling at £395
Prefer buyer collects (Nr Ipswich, Suffolk). UK enquiries only please.
Approaching 10kg in its carry case, fully insured carriage would be expensive.

Pictures available on request.
Suffolk, UK