Is there a demand for LOMO Biolams out there?

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Dmi3n

Is there a demand for LOMO Biolams out there?

#1 Post by Dmi3n » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:04 pm

G'day everyone. Recently I've got some offers about buying LOMO Biolam stands from closed Russian institutes. I really don't need them, and reselling them here in Russia won't be worth it. So I had an idea, maybe someone across the border will need them? Usually they are Biolam-S student stands with 4 achromatic objectives and monoculat head which are compatible with more advanced LOMO heads and other optics. If you need that stand, for how much would you buy it?
Gear list:
CZJ NfPk and Polmi A w/ 45mm apo objectives, Phv, Epi Pol, trinocular
Gamma Hungary 3D-condenser
LOMO ОИ-28 Fluorescence Attachment
Set of Leitz Photar macro lens
Nikon D500 DSLR
LOMO МС-2 microtome

MicroBob

Re: Is there a demand for LOMO Biolams out there?

#2 Post by MicroBob » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi,
they were sold in western Germany by a mail order company in bigger numbers and they show on ebay all the time, typically nearly unused and with hardenend grease. With the wooden box in the version you describe they go for round about 60€ including inland shipping.
With shipping from your country there will be little demand in Germany as import duties and pickup from tax office will apply.
Better to sell would be add-ons for these simple stands, like the water immersion objectives. But even these won't be in high demand due to the import problem.

Best use would be to refurbish the microscopes and give them on loan to interested teenagers to learn something useful.

Bob