Cargille type B immersion oil

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
75RR

Cargille type B immersion oil

#1 Post by 75RR » Sat May 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Looking for some Cargille type B or equivalent immersion oil in the EU

Anyone have a link?
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

apochronaut

Re: Cargille type B immersion oil

#2 Post by apochronaut » Mon May 03, 2021 2:42 pm

I'm sure you have found all the usual ones, so I won't send them , mainly because the stuff has become so expensive from the dealers. I have some I can send you at my cost which was pretty low, but it is actually older Leitz stuff, so I am unsure if it hits the button for viscosity compared to Cargille B. Shipping to Spain would not be terrible.

What I have done is keep my eyes peeled on ebay and eventually someone will be selling off some n.o.s. or in a bulk bottle, fairly cheap as a buy it now. That's how I got the Leitz product for inverted scopes.

Have you tried Cosmos Biomedical in England? They have their own product and it might be lass expensive than a known brand. Seems like a good product.

75RR

#3 Post by 75RR » Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Have you tried Cosmos Biomedical in England? They have their own product and it might be lass expensive than a known brand. Seems like a good product.
Thanks for the Cosmos Biomedical tip, but shopping in England (now that is no longer part of the EU) has got more complicated.

I am assuming there is an immersion oil manufacturer in Europe - then again perhaps not :o

Either way, there should be sellers that can provide Type B or its equivalent locally. Just need pointing in the right direction.

Charles

#4 Post by Charles » Tue May 04, 2021 12:37 pm

75RR wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm
Thanks for the Cosmos Biomedical tip, but shopping in England (now that is no longer part of the EU) has got more complicated.

I am assuming there is an immersion oil manufacturer in Europe - then again perhaps not :o

Either way, there should be sellers that can provide Type B or its equivalent locally. Just need pointing in the right direction.
If you find a US seller, have them send it to me and I will include it in your package.

75RR

#5 Post by 75RR » Tue May 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Thanks Charles - do appreciate that!

Update: 1 Oz Type B on its way ETA 11th May :)